Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 11 Match Day Thread. Gold Coast V Sydney. Metricon 19.25pm

Another colossal performance from Tippo....He's leading my best and fairest for the Swans.

Rohan played an excellent game.

Mitchell just got more expensive..Need to sign him soon before we can't afford him.

Rose was lively and should hold his spot.

Marsh was fairly inconspicuous, needs to have more impact o hold his spot.

Rampe did another masterful job in defence...Destined for AA honours.

Parker seems to be slowly finding his mojo.

Sinclair did surprisingly well in the conditions.

Love the way Jones goes about it..His confidence is rising with every outing, really hope he stays with us.

All in all another really good win in trying conditions.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

What happened to Hewett they never said concussion or broken jaw?

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Another colossal performance from Tippo....He's leading my best and fairest for the Swans.

Mitchell just got more expensive..Need to sign him soon before we can't afford him.

Love the way Jones goes about it..His confidence is rising with every outing, really hope he stays with us.

Yes, agree with all that, especially with Sinclair. Bizarrely, his handling seemed more assured in those conditions, than it does in the dry.
    I also would've included Jack and Laidler among the best. But allround, it was a good solid team performance in testing conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    What happened to Hewett they never said concussion or broken jaw?
    The AFL website is saying concussion. Which makes the win just that little bit more meritorious, as Hewett's assured disposal would have came in handy.

The crowd was 4,368.. Has to be one of the lowest crowds in recent memory

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Rampe has been exceptional this year.

I would love to have a look at the replay before making lots of big assertions but one I will make is Tommy Mitchell is a huge part of our team. This kid has now taken on the so called 'Great' Gazza Ablett and destroyed him. Destroyed Sam Mitchell. What next? The difference to the Sam Mitchell job and this is that tommy only got 20 against Sam Mitchell but tonight he got over 30.

For those who are @@@@ting on Swampy. he was ok. I haven't been a huge fan over the last few years but I thought he did his job. his man hardly touched the ball when he was on and he laid a few very good tackles as well as working the ball to the boundary very professionally. He had a couple of good kicks on a night that wasn't exactly good for great disposal.

Hannas wow has he come ahead. His disposal has improved at least 30% over the summer. He was always a great player but now he is working into that zone reserved for only the greats of the game.

Even though Heens didn't have heaps of the ball he provided 12 tackles. contested really hard and caused many balls to go our way by either his taps or pushing the ball out, neither get stats.

I believe Jakie Lloyd is so undervalued by our supporters. This kid did some things tonight that make me proud to be a Swans supporter. He has the WoW factor. But he does it in such an ordinary way. these were not conditions that suited Jakie's game but he persevered. Even though his disposals were down, only 19, well done Jake.

Harry has got some really bad press here at RWO and on BF today. But he did battles away gamely. But maybe he didn't have a great one tonight. Rosa had a lot of ball. I think Rosa may have been his opponent. Not a good one 12-32 down.

Benny was all at sea tonight. I would have thought the 'Pop Up Sprinkler' would have been in his element but not apparently. He managed 6 tackles but only 1 behind. Not really good enough for a permanent forward. I know Heens was not that much better on the disposal front but he laid 12 tackles to Benny's 6. He kicked a goal. Benny seemed to be out of position many times tonight. He also let his man free on many occasions. his opponent was one of their best.

Playing in these conditions is really hard. I don't envy the players at all. I have played a game in similar conditions at Mount Waverley years ago. Not nice. I also played one at Rathmynes Road too. like playing in a swimming pool, except when you hit the mud patch. Then you are in cement.

It was a good hard fought win in difficult conditions.

Someone thought Hewett has concussion I can say categorically that his condition had nothing to do with concussion. He walked off the ground himself, in fact he screamed to the support staff as soon as he got hit that he needed to come off. He probably has either a fracture or dislocated jaw. you know if you have broken your jaw. It is extremely painful. a dislocated jaw is really uncomfortable and painful at the same time. you can't meet your teeth, it is extremely painful to try to clench. something i have experienced quite a few times. I would suggest it is physical not psychological.

Our back-line has to be applauded for keeping the suns to just 41 points. Our average is about 60.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    The crowd was 4,368.. Has to be one of the lowest crowds in recent memory

That is a disgraceful crowd. that is NRL crowd level. I never thought I'd see an AFL side lower than the average NRL crowd level. I must admit though it is still bigger than the smallest NRL crowd of 1,280.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

WOW Tippo 50 HO. That is phenomenal. He was really good. He also kept bringing the ball to ground. Pity Benny wasn't under him or Sinclair most of the time. Benny spent most of the time trying to get ball on his own on the HFF. To no avail most times. best ruckman in the AFL. Pity our mids couldn't take more advantage. He hit the ball to their advantage so many times and too many times they fumbled.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought that was a super team performance, especially after quarter time. A couple of players have copped some criticism, but I thought it was hard to find a poor player. They all played their roles, including Marsh who you wouldn't have picked as a second gamer.

Apart from the usual suspects, Jones and Rose were two who I thought were impressive. Some said Jones had his best game for the club last week but he was a bit wasteful. I thought tonight was the best contribution I've seen him deliver. And Rose has come on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months. He's going to find it hard to hold his spot in the team (unless Hewett is injured) but you wouldn't mind him becoming a regular in the side with what he showed today in awful conditions.

Rohan was another who was really impressive, playing all over the ground but still managing to convert a couple of goals.

This is going to be another of those weeks where it's close to impossible to pick just three players worthy of TLM votes.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I would love to have a look at the replay before making lots of big assertions but one I will make is Tommy Mitchell is a huge part of our team. This kid has now taken on the so called 'Great' Gazza Ablett and destroyed him. Destroyed Sam Mitchell. What next? The difference to the Sam Mitchell job and this is that tommy only got 20 against Sam Mitchell but tonight he got over 30.

For those who are @@@@ting on Swampy. he was ok. I haven't been a huge fan over the last few years but I thought he did his job. his man hardly touched the ball when he was on and he laid a few very good tackles as well as working the ball to the boundary very professionally. He had a couple of good kicks on a night that wasn't exactly good for great disposal.

Hannas wow has he come ahead. His disposal has improved at least 30% over the summer. He was always a great player but now he is working into that zone reserved for only the greats of the game.

Even though Heens didn't have heaps of the ball he provided 12 tackles. contested really hard and caused many balls to go our way by either his taps or pushing the ball out, neither get stats.

I believe Jakie Lloyd is so undervalued by our supporters. This kid did some things tonight that make me proud to be a Swans supporter. He has the WoW factor. But he does it in such an ordinary way. these were not conditions that suited Jakie's game but he persevered. Even though his disposals were down, only 19, well done Jake.

Harry has got some really bad press here at RWO and on BF today. But he did battles away gamely. But maybe he didn't have a great one tonight. Rosa had a lot of ball. I think Rosa may have been his opponent. Not a good one 12-32 down.

Benny was all at sea tonight. I would have thought the 'Pop Up Sprinkler' would have been in his element but not apparently. He managed 6 tackles but only 1 behind. Not really good enough for a permanent forward. I know Heens was not that much better on the disposal front but he laid 12 tackles to Benny's 6. He kicked a goal. Benny seemed to be out of position many times tonight. He also let his man free on many occasions. his opponent was one of their best.

Playing in these conditions is really hard. I don't envy the players at all. I have played a game in similar conditions at Mount Waverley years ago. Not nice. I also played one at Rathmynes Road too. like playing in a swimming pool, except when you hit the mud patch. Then you are in cement.

It was a good hard fought win in difficult conditions.

Someone thought Hewett has concussion I can say categorically that his condition had nothing to do with concussion. He walked off the ground himself, in fact he screamed to the support staff as soon as he got hit that he needed to come off. He probably has either a fracture or dislocated jaw. you know if you have broken your jaw. It is extremely painful. a dislocated jaw is really uncomfortable and painful at the same time. you can't meet your teeth, it is extremely painful to try to clench. something i have experienced quite a few times. I would suggest it is physical not psychological.

Our back-line has to be applauded for keeping the suns to just 41 points. Our average is about 60.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a disgraceful crowd. that is NRL crowd level. I never thought I'd see an AFL side lower than the average NRL crowd level. I must admit though it is still bigger than the smallest NRL crowd of 1,280.
    I think the small crowd was more due to the appalling conditions rather than passion for the game. If I lived in Queensland I would not have gone. (although my son went)

Captain Jack was super tonight. Rose would be a regular senior player just about anywhere else. Tippo huge effort. Good solid team effort.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Tonight's team instructions: Take the four points, get no injuries, get the hell outa Dodge.
    Mission accomplished.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast