Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 11 Match Day Thread. Gold Coast V Sydney. Metricon 19.25pm

Rnd 11 Match Day Thread. Gold Coast V Sydney. Metricon 19.25pm

2.JPGCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Things looking a bit damp at Metricon....Will there be late changes? Swans by 36pts. Go Swannies!

Veteran Site Admin
    If it's any consolation, conditions would be no better if the game were in Sydney today. The weather outside my window has looked like that since late evening yesterday and shows no signs of letting up. Maybe it's one very large weather system hovering over the east coast.

Veterans List
    Dreadful conditions, handball is out, kicking long is in, lots of heads high frees many in front of goals - DANGER GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If it's any consolation, conditions would be no better if the game were in Sydney today. The weather outside my window has looked like that since late evening yesterday and shows no signs of letting up. Maybe it's one very large weather system hovering over the east coast.
    Yes, it is looking a bit grim right down the east coast. Which means that one thing that I fully expect to see, is this. Player attempts to kick it as far as they can towards the goalposts. Due to the conditions and the fact that they are under tackling pressure, the ball slews off the side of the boot. While in the air, the ball is caught by a 100kph wind gust and arcs back further away from the goals. Once it hits the wet turf, the ball skates off over the boundary line. Strange little man with a whistle races towards the boundary and pays deliberate.

It's going to be awful and the chances of injury high - it will be very low scoring and basically a game you won't want to watch again (unless we win by 100 points!!) ????????

Also, the radar up here is looking a bit ugly. Apparently it's going to get a fair bit worse this afternoon.

radar 2.jpg

Somehow, I don't think that I'll be cycling the 15k out to Metricon.

Floaties in club colours may be required!!! It's chucking it down here in the Shire - a good day to read a bit - drink wine and watch footy!!!go Swannies!!!

Dont know if I'm off the mark in saying this but has the AFL ever changed venues due to weather conditions in the last few years? Weather conditions seem borderline unplayable on the Gold Coast and weather reports have it clearing up tomorrow

However just read reports that its already clearing on the Sunshine Coast so come tonight it should be clearing/cleared on the Gold Coast
    Last edited by longmile; 4th June 2016 at 11:55 AM.

Racing has been abandoned at eagle farm

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    However just read reports that its already clearing on the Sunshine Coast so come tonight it should be clearing/cleared on the Gold Coast
    Radar shows the rain moving south and clearing quite quickly. So if the drainage is good then the ground maybe in OK nick by tonight....

Wonder if they've got a 'super sopper' ? If not, maybe a squadron of choppers.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NEAFL match still on according to twitter

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast