Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Malceski and other departing Swans

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Everyone loves the Spang, but the reality is that he's only fit for about 8 games a year. I would think his latest hamstring injury will see him pull the plug at the end of the season.

For that reason alone he hasn't been a loss
    We had to cut Spangher to clear space in our injury room.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    If we are going to mourn the loss of Jesse White, then we may as well add Tony Armstrong to the conversation as well.

And the Vez.
    Getting rid of Vez was a bonus. Not 100% sure, but didn't Luke Breust play for our seconds and wanted to be traded elsewhere, a bit like Jed Lamb.

Players who have gone well at other clubs: Dempster, Schnieder, Jolly, Mumford, Biggs, Hall
    Players who have been average: Everitt, Lamb, Membrey, Spangher (injuries holding him back)
    Players who have been poor: Malceski, Jetta (early days still), Bird (see Jetta), White, Armstrong, Buchanan, Dick, Vez, L.Johnston, TDL, C.Heath
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Senior Player
    In the excitement of the 2012 win (and somewhat chuffed with myself that I had got on the Swans at $34 after about round 3) I bought a framed photo of Mal's final heroic goal. It's a great photo of a great moment in Swans footy and I didn't take it down off the wall after he left. Watching him the other night, he still looks the same. Not a hair out of place, hipster beard, looking like some craft beer dude from Newtown or Fitzroy. I was kind of hoping at some stage he would come to his senses, realise the mistake he'd made and after the game he'd wander into the Swans rooms and seek out Longmire and tell him he wants to come back to the Swans. Living in a McMansion on a canal estate on the Gold Coast is a soulless existence, and he feels he owes a bit more to the Swans fans who put up with his three knee reconstructions. He'd offer to come back on the old money, and he's happy for the Mills kid to keep doing the kickouts. There are too many
    bossy bald guys (Ablett Jnr, Eade) running the shop at the Suns, and they don't understand him and his follicles.
    I agree with whoever started this thread. All the other guys that left for whatever reason I'm not bother about, but the Mal
    leaving was a sad day.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Sam Rowe has done ok as well.

I do miss Mal, and it breaks my heart that the Suns are doing so badly and he is not playing that well.

I console myself with this quote by Michael Caine about Jaws: The Revenge

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific. "

Enjoy the house, Mal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Wow. You really have it in for Dunkley Snr. I'm not sure where you get your sources about Josh bringing that sort of baggage to the club, but unless you know them personally then you really are speculating in a very nasty way. Josh was happy to come here but also wanted to stay in Melbourne near family, etc.
    Andrew had a problem with Roos, not the club itself, and to call him a "vindictive and nasty old cretin" is WAY out of line.
    My source, and it's a pretty good one, is that Andrew Dunkley is still extremely bitter and twisted towards the club and has pretty much wiped the club. His loss totally.

I could well be out of line, it certainly wouldn't be the first time and I've been known to jump to conclusions and exaggerate. I just can't believe how we passed up young Josh. He's turned out to be what we all thought he would be, a ready made senior footballer, and the two blokes we've got instead don't seem much chop to date

Veterans List
    With Mal, it's fair enough to chase some decent retirements funds and maybe extend your career an extra year, and the future did look rosy for the Suns at the time, but you can't help but feel, with way things have turned out, he now wishes he was still a Swan......oh well, we sow our own pasture (to be put out to). Pity though.....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Getting rid of Vez was a bonus.
    Taking the next bloke in the draft would've been a better bonus!!
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Taking the next bloke in the draft would've been a better bonus!!
    To borrow a phrase, that would have been "delicious".

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Players who have gone well at other clubs: Dempster, Schnieder, Jolly, Mumford, Biggs, Hall
    Players who have been average: Everitt, Lamb, Membrey, Spangher (injuries holding him back)
    Players who have been poor: Malceski, Jetta (early days still), Bird (see Jetta), White, Armstrong, Buchanan, Dick, Vez, L.Johnston, TDL, C.Heath
    No no we can't have that! Leo may have taken that mark but if Monty hadn't kicked the last goal, it would have been for nought. I didn't like seeing him traded either, but he has gone on to big things as an assistant (post Brisbane) at GWS. I think he has to be given a dispensation.

Glad to see that I am not the only Mal lover here. He gave us a moment in time we will always remember (and others). I think he also thought he wanted to go into coaching and could work with this at GWS but found the club he went to was a long long way from the quality of Sydney. Must have been disheartening. Still played just like Nic Malceski last week, and that pleased me.
    Last edited by Primmy; 7th June 2016 at 01:12 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

The good old Mummy Debate, I can sense Dermot Brereton commenting soon. Lets put together some facts.
    Mummy was subbed out in a GF, the same game Pyke dominated.
    Pyke was on Peanuts and up for contract renewal, Mummy was touted to GWS and was at the time second fiddle or near enough to out cheap as chips import.
    They both, with Tippett, played 2013 before Mummy was after a new contract.
    Tippett just come of a Prelim in 2012 where he nearly beat the Hawks at the MCG by himself, all the other clubs and experts are kidding themselves to think they wouldn't have given 3.2M over 4 yrs.
    The 3.2M was front ended so he got 1.2M in his first year (he did miss half of it) then was on 2Mil over 3 yrs, quite reasonable for his calibre.
    Mummy was offered north of 700K and people forget he missed over Half a year with Injury.
    Oh by the way we got Buddy in 2014 the year Mummy Left, so the debate should be Mummy Vs Buddy not Mummy Vs Tippett.
    We all know the answer to that one.
    This week should be a good matchup, I remember when we beat them earlier this year, Demott was very keen to highlight Tippett taking Mummys money and was going to make a point of it but didn't get the chance as Tippet beat him well. If Tippo kicked straight that day, you would have said he gave Mummy a bath

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast