Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.12 Match Day Thread. GWS V Sydney. 4.40pm at Spotless.

Disappointing but GWS were by far the better team, they were "on" and we were not. Just a tough and bad day at the office really.

Get the win next week and have a well deserved break.

Ted, Nankervis and Hewett back next week. Tippett (inj) Rohan (inj) and Rose out for mine. the Dees will be tough

I sat in the GWS area and I must admit the ground was about 50-50 orange tonight. Their Presidents Lounge was above me and they had some absolute muppet making a complete knob of himself all game with calls like "Umpire, do you have no eyes", what an absolute goose.

Umpires were poor but they were not why we got smashed. If you can't handle a loss then don't follow sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Schmitt is a terrible umpire. Heeney's head is taken off in a marking contest and it's play on. GWS player hardly touched and gets a free.
    He's simply Schmitt-house!

We beat GWS pretty easily earlier in the year. A bit upset but may of been a loss we needed to shake things up. Still think we're legitimate flag contenders.
    Some players were great, but as soon as Tippett went down it looked like we fell apart. He's a crucial player to us.
    McVeigh and Cunningham need a serious lift as will McGlynn with Papley coming back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Tippett hamstring behind the knee
    Rohan Hamstring
    Reid hurt his calf in the ressies.

Great night!
    I heard the pressie, but odd about Tippett since they iced the medial side below the knee, so hard to see how that's a hamstring. He was also pointing to that spot when discussing the injury with the doc.

Rohan's injury was described as a corkie that bled into the hamstring, so may not be that serious, although doubt he will be playing next week.

Am sick of Reid and his soft tissue injuries. I think he's a good player, but seems to hardly ever play. I think we need to bring Abe Davis in to give us another forward option. It doesn't seem like we are likely to see much of Reid this year.

I thought it was going to be a development year for us, and in the end it probably will be. I'm okay with that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Whatever you think of the rest of his game he didn't look soft when he tried to tackle a rampaging Mummy in the first quarter. He may have been brushed aside but he didn't hesitate when it was his turn to go.
    Unfortunately for HC, he was in the wrong place. That was about all he did all game. You don't win a flag with a soft rooster like him in the team. He had 11 stats which says he went where the footy wasn't. None in the 3rd quarter. Worst player in the 22. Towers supposedly got left out because he didn't go hard enough at a contest, yet Cunningham gets away with it every week.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Dont blame the umps.
    I count 5 mcveigh kicks to giants players. Could have been the difference. Horse moved him forward so his turnovers weren't so costly
    Oh FFS, I have to call BS here! Statistically we lost by 7 goals. You count 5 errors by Macca. Still two goals short. And you're assuming that every Macca error resulted in a GW$ goal. They. Did. Not.

Seriously, if Macca seems a little slower of foot this year, I don't think it's necessarily because he's too old. I suspect it's because he spends every week with Barry on his back!

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I heard the pressie, but odd about Tippett since they iced the medial side below the knee, so hard to see how that's a hamstring. He was also pointing to that spot when discussing the injury with the doc.
    The hamstring is in fact 3 muscles. Two of them attach to the inside of the Tibia just below the knee and the other bigger one attaches to the outside of the Fibia just below the knee, just where Kurt was pointing. A00408F01T.jpg
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    The dumbest player we have.
    At least he has a crack!

The hamstring is in fact 3 muscles. Two of them attach to the inside of the Tibia just below the knee and the other bigger one attaches to the outside of the Fibia just below the knee, just where Kurt was pointing. A00408F01T.jpg
    Yes. It seems that it's a hamstring tendon injury, which is not good at all. Could be season over for KT.

Fibula, not fibia.

The common unjury would be a strain of the biceps femoris muscle at or just above the muculo-tendonous junction. Worse would be a rupture of the tendon itself ... or an avulsion or fracture avulsion (pulling away the bone that the tendon attached to) of the biceps femoris.

With the severe injuries, there is almost no way he would walk unaided. But a severe muscle strain would also be fairly lengthy recovery too.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Oh FFS, I have to call BS here! Statistically we lost by 7 goals. You count 5 errors by Macca. Still two goals short. And you're assuming that every Macca error resulted in a GW$ goal. They. Did. Not.

Seriously, if Macca seems a little slower of foot this year, I don't think it's necessarily because he's too old. I suspect it's because he spends every week with Barry on his back!
    Barry has a point on McVeigh. As I see it he is getting the ball just as much as last year, so it is not age or fitness; he is slaughtering it way too much by foot. For whatever reason he is now chip kicking sideways and to a contest or a small man who is either outnumbered or out of position. Or he turns back into play and tries to hand pass. He has certainly slowed down and gets himself into trouble. Trouble is other players seem to be following suit, often inexperienced players. If he is now doing this rubbish at this stage of his career we are way better off with him up forward. We need penetration off half back not stuff ups through the mid filed.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post

With the severe injuries, there is almost no way he would walk unaided. But a severe muscle strain would also be fairly lengthy recovery too.
    I don't think he would have pulled the tendon off the bone otherwise the docs wouldn't have been prodding around in the general area of the soreness. The muscle would have been half rolled up his leg.A00408F04.jpg
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.