Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.12 Match Day Thread. GWS V Sydney. 4.40pm at Spotless.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Parker could not run, even keep up with the GWS.

He should be rested and some leg speed brought in.

One of the best passage of plays was Jones receiving a handpass whilst running out of defence, pity about the kick.

Time and time again we tried up and under kicks or to a pack or to where the GWS defender could close on our player.

This tactic is from about twenty years ago.

Run and carry and keep possession of the ball is the game these days, which we didn't do.
    Luke seems hobbled at the moment and I felt like they gambled he'd be able to be an effective forward for a fair chunk of the game, probably wasn't the best backline to do that against.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Those posters who reckon Rose was rubbish might like to know he was our equal highest ranked player according to the stats. If he'd kicked a little straighter he would have been highest.
    I'd suggest that says more about how player rankings are determined than it does about how well James played.

I thought he was generally quite good- I imagine that whilst the coaching staff would be obviously disappointed he didn't kick more goals, they'd be happy he got himself into a position to be able to take that many genuine attempts that you'd normally expect him to kick. I expect him to be in next week and I'd be rather surprised if he missed.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    C'mon swans what's the scan results if Tippett's knee, is it weeks, months or season I am desperate to know.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

jURY

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    C'mon swans what's the scan results if Tippett's knee, is it weeks, months or season I am desperate to know.
    They said this morning that it was 4-6 weeks.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Weren't they missing Patton? Or was it Cameron? Either way it made a difference. And I don't think they had Griffen.
    They were missing Cameron - but we didn't have McVeigh.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    It's not often that umpiring costs us a match and last night was no exception; it was the salt in the wound. We lost the game when we lost Tippett, and to have Rohan and Mills added to that utterly finished our chances. No team in the AFL could lose that many key players plus wreck our rotations and beat a side as fresh and as good as the Giants.

Watching the Fox coverage I didn't see much of Cunningham (although I liked his desperate attempt to tackle Mummy) but I now wonder whether McVeigh's time has come. And I am increasingly thinking that Parker is carrying an injury of some kind. I hope he can get it sorted before the finals.
    Umpiring did not cost us the match, but the familiar poor treatment we get from umpire Schmitt is a worrying trend. Watching heeney get completely whacked in the back of the head in the centre of the ground and play on was the call. Numerous free kicks were not given especially where a swans player is about to grab the ball and his dragged off it before he has even touched it. Use to be holding the man, obviously a rule change. Still think last weeks game took a bit out of our legs and convinced we will come back stronger. Not worried about the performance, only Tippett's injury.

Three teams played last night. Us them and the umps. Schmidt needs to be looked at.

I am enjoying Jones' development. He is getting some valuable footy smarts, didnt give away a free (hallelujah) and was at the contest. He is cooking along nicely.

James must learn his limitations and if he cannot kick over 40 then pass the bloody thing.

Kiz was injured and could barely hobble at one time.

The wet match played a big part. A lot of those boys were playing in gumboots.

NOTE: One day the club Physio is going to cost us. He is too often on the ground when he should be out of the way. He has no, absolutely none, sense of timing. No sense of place. Give the runon job to someone else, he is a menace. Never ever noted a doc doing what he does. Or a trainer. Had to be chased off the ground by the ump while one of the boys was going for goal a couple of games ago. He was trying to stop him playing......
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Agree about Schmidt. Just watched a painful replay of the game and he was so one sided when it came to free kicks (against the Swans) it was really bad.

But certainly the umpires did not cost us the game. We were slow and did not apply any real pressure to the Giants.

Cunningham is a waste and should spend a long time in the reserves to get some form back. Parker is not fit - he cannot run.

If we don't beat Melbourne next week we will struggle to get a home final.

Only been to Spotless twice and seen us beaten easily twice.

The "experience" of their game day was terrible. After every goal you just about got blasted out of your seat by the game commentators telling you who kicked their goal and to start barracking for them. In the quarter breaks in was non stop noise over the sound system.

Despite all the pats on the backs by Giants officials, there were plenty of empty seats. This was not a sellout.

Not going back there again.

Senior Player
    Where

- - - Updated - - -

Where did it say 4-6 weeks for tippett

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Where

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They just mentioned on FOX Footy that it's the same type of injury Tom D had and he was out for months when he did it. Depends on scans though.

Also Rohan was going to be at least a few weeks and Reid's one could be about 7-8 weeks. Well that was what was just reported.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    They said this morning that it was 4-6 weeks.
    Well Jon Ralph just said on Fox Derrix was out for five months with the same injury. Boo hoo