Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.13 V Melbourne.

Out: Tippett, Rohan, McGlynn, McVeigh, Cunningham
    In: Naismith, Davis, Hewett, Aliir, Newman (elevated rookie)

Our defenders are doing well defensively, but we don't have any rebound and constantly just kick to a contest, which we often lose. Tired of seeing McVeigh and Laidler looking every which way with no one to kick to. The Giants and Bulldogs have open men everywhere, and options to kick or run the ball out. Bring in Aliir and Newman to give us more height and rebound, also allowing Rampe a bit more freedom to run with the ball. The loss of Rohan will hurt.

McVeigh unlikely to be dropped. He can take McGlynn's spot until Papley is fit. McGlynn and Cunningham both not doing enough to warrant a spot in the senior side. Hard to know what to do with Macca. Maybe he can pop up and kick a goal or 2, like we did with Jude toward the end of his career. I am frankly surprised how quickly McVeigh has dropped off. He's only 31. I thought his fitness would carry him through for another few years.

Towers will probably replace Rohan although reserves form doesn't seem to translate into senior form with Towers. Horse seems determined to make him a senior player after pumping him up all preseason.

I'd give the nod to Naismith over Nanka (if both are fit). It just seems the right time with a tall opposition ruckman. Sam is a good size matchup for Gawn and I think he's just a better all around player than Nanka.

Out: Tippett, Rohan, McGlynn, Cunningham

In: Naismith,Hewett, Richards, Towers

I think Parker needs a rest but Horse does not like many changes so he will probably play him again. But after the break we have three hard games in a row - Bulldogs, Cats and Hawks - se we need a fit Parker firing for them

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Teddy comes back for Marsh
    Marsh was one of the few winners we had on the night. He doesn't deserve to be dropped. Laidler was woeful.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Marsh was one of the few winners we had on the night. He doesn't deserve to be dropped. Laidler was woeful.
    Laidler may have been ordinary yesterday, but he's been serviceable most of the season. Knee-jerk demotion is not necessary

On the veteran's list
    Confirmed via Swans website: Tippett up to six weeks, Reid three weeks, Marsh 1 week hammy strain and Rohan all clear. Great night all round!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Tippo for 6....TFFT

Not as bad as I feared for Tippo
    Even better news for Rohan
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Confirmed via Swans website: Tippett up to six weeks, Reid three weeks, Marsh 1 week hammy strain and Rohan all clear. Great night all round!
    I feared it could have been worse. At least they should be back in August. The big problem is that we face the toughest part of our schedule after the bye with games against WB, Geelong and Hawthorn. So its not a good time to have key players out. It's time for Naismith to step up. With Marsh out, maybe Aliir can come in.

Melbourne are playing a great game v Collingwood. It will be a tough game next week.

I was pretty pissed after the game.
    Been spoilt this year, being generally happy each week. Even the losses were ok, 10 pts, 1 pt
    This week sucked, not just because of the crap we dished up, but more the collateral damage.
    Found I was pretty short with family members for an hour or so after the game.
    This news makes me feel a lot better.

Losing a game is one thing, but when 2 of your better players also go down, it's pretty disappointing...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Tippett - hamstring tendon, "up to six weeks"
    Marsh - hamstring, will miss against the Dees
    Rohan - fitness test, expected to play
    Reid - three weeks

Good news indeed!
    Would expect Teddy to come in for Marsh then

Veterans List
    Naismith for Tippett
    Ted for Marsh (bad luck for him)
    Foote/Hewett for McGlynn (just not doing enough)

Reid injury is a pisser
    Papley has now missed a month

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast