Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.13 V Melbourne.

Veterans List
    6 weeks for Tippett is soooo much better than the 3-5 months I kept hearing!

Bad luck for Marsh.

The next month will show what we are made of.

Hewett for Rohan

Nankervis or Naismith for Tippett

Ted for Marsh

No need for any knee-jerk sackings at this stage but that could well change if we don't turn up next week which I fully expect us to.

It's a massive match for us next Sunday. We've had a good run with injuries and we now need the week off for sure but a final push next week before the break next week will see us enter the last 10 weeks in good form

Senior Player
    OUT: Tippett, Marsh, McGlynn
    IN: Nankervis, Teddy, Hewett

Nankervis in depending on whether he's injured, obviously. Of the two options Ugg outlined, I'd prefer Sinclair to number 1 ruck and Nankervis the number 2 role. Agree Naismith a better body fit for Gawn, but it'd be harsh on Sinclair and Nankervis is dangerous forward.

Ben's lost a couple of yards, he has career-worst average disposals and his tackle average is down. He's following the game. Hewett in for Ben, but he's effectively being replaced by Rose.

Shame for Marsh, he's been composed. Nice kick.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    OUT: Tippett, Marsh, McGlynn
    IN: Nankervis, Teddy, Hewett

Nankervis in depending on whether he's injured, obviously. Of the two options Ugg outlined, I'd prefer Sinclair to number 1 ruck and Nankervis the number 2 role. Agree Naismith a better body fit for Gawn, but it'd be harsh on Sinclair and Nankervis is dangerous forward.

Ben's lost a couple of yards, he has career-worst average disposals and his tackle average is down. He's following the game. Hewett in for Ben, but he's effectively being replaced by Rose.

Shame for Marsh, he's been composed. Nice kick.
    My understanding is that Rohan will miss a week, you'd have to think we'd be conservative with him given his injury history.

Marsh will be better for the run and he was not disgraced last night. He did quite well against a beast in Cameron that really he should not have been up against. Further evidence for me that we need a KPD and that we can't just "make do" next season.

I'd rather see McGlynn keep his spot than Cunningham. While I prefer Papley over McGlynn in the long run, McGlynn has offered alot more in the last month of football than Cunningham.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    My understanding is that Rohan will miss a week, you'd have to think we'd be conservative with him given his injury history.

Marsh will be better for the run and he was not disgraced last night. He did quite well against a beast in Cameron that really he should not have been up against. Further evidence for me that we need a KPD and that we can't just "make do" next season.
    Re Rohan, I was going from the Swans website: 'expected to play'. Bye the following week helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Tippett - hamstring tendon, "up to six weeks"
    Marsh - hamstring, will miss against the Dees
    Rohan - fitness test, expected to play
    Reid - three weeks
    If you consider the physicallity of last weeks game, it's not suprising a few went down - particularly Tippett...he was huge last week.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    My changes for round 13

Out: Tippett Marsh Rohan
    In: Naismith Richards Hewett

Also in fight in the contest and defensive pressure with tackles that actually stick.

Melbourne were very impressive against Collingwood. So they can't be taken lightly. However, with an eye towards the backend of the season I don't think we should be taking any chances with Richards or Rohan. Give them another 2 weeks. Perfect opportunity to get 4 or 5 games into Naismith. He's been building fitness and form in the ressies.

Naismith for Tippett
    Davis for Marsh
    Hewett for Rohan

I am at a cross roads with McVeigh and McGlynn. Both appear to be struggling and I wonder if the game has caught up with them. If Papley is fit, he should come in for McGlynn. But Macca wont get dropped with Geelong, Bulldogs and Hawthorn on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    My changes for round 13

Out: Tippett Marsh Rohan
    In: Naismith Richards Hewett

Also in fight in the contest and defensive pressure with tackles that actually stick.
    I like these changes but would like to see the Swans go one step further and drop McGlynn. I don't think he's offering enough at the moment. There might be more upside to someone like BJ. He hasn't had a crack this year.

Just read that Papley should be available. Maybe the extra run could be good. Go in with one ruckman instead of two?

Just why does everyone think Marsh should be dropped?
    He did very well on Cameron when they moved Rampe into the midfield.
    I also worry about bringing Naismith in for Tippett although I'm sure that's what will happen. He just doesn't have enough grunt, and he's slow. I mean really slow. Gawn is not their only ruckman and Sinclair may be cooked after rucking against Mumford and Lobb for the whole second half.
    I'd like to see Allir come in and do a Goodes role from a few years ago. He can jump at ruck contests but his real strength would be to let him roam. It's working for Port.
    For me it would be Hewitt for Rohan, Allir for Tippett. Perhaps B Jack in for McGlynn but I doubt they'll drop him at least not yet.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast