Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.13 V Melbourne.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    Just why does everyone think Marsh should be dropped?
    He did very well on Cameron when they moved Rampe into the midfield.
    I also worry about bringing Naismith in for Tippett although I'm sure that's what will happen. He just doesn't have enough grunt, and he's slow. I mean really slow. Gawn is not their only ruckman and Sinclair may be cooked after rucking against Mumford and Lobb for the whole second half.
    I'd like to see Allir come in and do a Goodes role from a few years ago. He can jump at ruck contests but his real strength would be to let him roam. It's working for Port.
    For me it would be Hewitt for Rohan, Allir for Tippett. Perhaps B Jack in for McGlynn but I doubt they'll drop him at least not yet.
    Marsh has injured his hamstring and has already been ruled out by the club.

Surprised by your observations on Naismith. He's still very inexperienced and he may not yet be fit enough. But for a young(ish) ruckman he has grunt enough, and he's reasonably quick for his height. Certainly quicker than Nankervis.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Marsh has injured his hamstring and has already been ruled out by the club.

Surprised by your observations on Naismith. He's still very inexperienced and he may not yet be fit enough. But for a young(ish) ruckman he has grunt enough, and he's reasonably quick for his height. Certainly quicker than Nankervis.
    Sorry Liz,

You're absolutely right, my mistake. Should have typed in Nankervis not Naismith. In respect of Naismith, I liked what I saw in reserves but I thought he could do with more time getting match fit.

Didn't realise Marsh was injured. In which case I would like to see Newman get his chance.

Still stand by my belief we need more mobility around the ground than either Sinclair or Nankervis can offer hence my theory on Allir.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Laidler may have been ordinary yesterday, but he's been serviceable most of the season. Knee-jerk demotion is not necessary
    Agreed GS. Laidler has had a good season so far and wasn't the only one to have a @@@@ game last week. The way the ball was coming into the Giants F50 was difficult for a defender who is quite a bit shorter than his opposition.
    With Tippett out we can hopefully see Sinclair step up with the responsibility of being the first ruck. It does seem to be the case for a number of big men that they play better when given more time and responsibility. It would have been the perfect time for Reid to come in for Tippett. This is were it shows how much we have missed LRT and have never been able to replace him.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I don't think Nanka is tall or agile enough to go with Max Gawn. This would be a game where if Tippo were fit I would bring in Naismith for Sinclair, but the footy gods seem to want to put Sam under the pump. So be it. He's nearly 24 and the 4th year on our list. He's playing well in the reserves. It's time to shine.

Richards wants to get straight back in the seniors and would seem a logical replacement for Marsh, but Ted has hardly played football this year. I think he should test himself out in the reserves for a couple of games. I would rather have Aliir come in for Marsh. At least Aliir has played a full season and is playing good consistent football in the reserves. He would probably get the matchup on Dawes.

I suppose Harry C will keep his spot in the side. He hasn't been doing much lately. I'd give him a tagging role on Ben Kennedy, who has been very damaging this year. If they can break even, I'd call it a win for us.

It sounds like Rohan will be okay to play. Maybe Hewett can come in for McGlynn. Papley would be handy, especially if conditions are wet.

tmedia

Old son of ours, Tadhg Kennelley seems to think Tippett's injury will put our season into free fall

Im in the camp that says ruckmen are replaceable.

As far as ruck duties go, I think sinclair can step up as no1 ruck, with support from nankervis. Only a minor loss.

However, its tippets around the ground marking that sets him above his replacements. But this can be overcome by the inclusion of Reid (when avaliable) and Ted.

The flag got a bit harder without Tippet, but we can still win it.

I agree with that.
    We can replace a ruckman with less consequences than replacing Tippetts other work around the ground.
    If our depth is tested, it is that work around the ground being tested rather than ruck duties.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

What I think will happen:-

Out: Tippett, Marsh
    In: Naismith, Hewett

Weather forecast is vile btw.
    Last edited by Doctor; 15th June 2016 at 07:22 PM.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    What I think will happen:-

Out: Tippett, Marsh
    In: Naismith, Hewett

Weather forecast is vile btw.
    I hate to say it but wouldn't we be better off with Towers as back up ruck than Nankervis if it's going to be a quagmire again?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I hate to say it but wouldn't we be better off with Towers as back up ruck than Nankervis if it's going to be a quagmire again?
    Agree and it wouldn't be a shock to me at all...

On the veteran's list
    On a different but encouraging note, The Age is reporting Mitchell will sign next week
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    On a different but encouraging note, The Age is reporting Mitchell will sign next week
    That would be fantastic! TM is turning into a consistent gun. Would love to have him in the red and white for years to come.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast