Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.13 V Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I hate to say it but wouldn't we be better off with Towers as back up ruck than Nankervis if it's going to be a quagmire again?
    I'd like to see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    On a different but encouraging note, The Age is reporting Mitchell will sign next week
    And I'd like to see that too. Do the deed Tom

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I hate to say it but wouldn't we be better off with Towers as back up ruck than Nankervis if it's going to be a quagmire again?
    Yes definitely an option, although there is a trade off. Additional run vs what will probably be a lot of ball ups due to the conditions.

A shame Reid injured himself as I think they would have used him as 2nd ruck

Senior Player
    I think its going to be harder to flood the backline without Swampy Marsh.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I think its going to be harder to flood the backline without Swampy Marsh.
    I see what you did there! :-)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

IN
    Aliir Aliir, George Hewett, Tyrone Leonardis, Sam Naismith, Toby Nankervis, Dean Towers

OUT
    Harry Cunningham (Omitted), Harrison Marsh (Hamstring), Kurt Tippett (Hamstring)
    Last edited by longmile; 16th June 2016 at 07:35 PM.

Brave but the right choice with Cunningham imo, he has looked sub-par this year

Also no Ted Richards, he must be getting a run in the reserves to get some match fitness

I'd imagine Aliir Aliir will come in with Hewett and one of Naismith and Nankervis
    Leaning towards Naismith atm

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Brave but the right choice with Cunningham imo, he has looked sub-par this year

Also no Ted Richards, he must be getting a run in the reserves to get some match fitness

I'd imagine Aliir Aliir will come in with Hewett and one of Naismith and Nankervis
    Leaning towards Naismith atm
    Yes, I think that I'd like to see how Naismith goes. Though I suspect that since they've also included Nankervis, then the selectors are still undecided as to who comes in for Tippett and what role Sinclair will play. Of course, there's another possibility, which is: Aliir in for Tippett and Towers in for Marsh. But I do hope that they don't go down that path.
    In regards to Cunningham, I've always seen him as a role player, rather than a future star, and he often plays his role well. But last week, his role was probably to shut down some of the run of the GWS half backline. Since that didn't happen, it's off to the NEAFL this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I think that I'd like to see how Naismith goes. Though I suspect that since they've also included Nankervis, then the selectors are still undecided as to who comes in for Tippett and what role Sinclair will play. Of course, there's another possibility, which is: Aliir in for Tippett and Towers in for Marsh. But I do hope that they don't go down that path.
    In regards to Cunningham, I've always seen him as a role player, rather than a future star, and he often plays his role well. But last week, his role was probably to shut down some of the run of the GWS half backline. Since that didn't happen, it's off to the NEAFL this week.
    Naismith seems the logical choice as he's the better physical matchup for Max Gawn, who will be too tall for both Nanka and Sinclair and too agile for Nanka. Naismith would do most of the ruck work and Sinclair would do his usual job at forward and relief ruckman.

I've also been disappointed with Cunningham's season. He's quick and has good skills. His tackling has improved this year. But I can't understand why he's not getting more of the ball. I think one of Cunningham, McGlynn or McVeigh needed to get dropped and Harry is easiest one to make the call on. With wet conditions forecast, it's better to go with the more experienced players.

I'm hoping Hewett, Naismith and Aliir are the ones that play.

Hewett missed 2 games this year and we lost them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Naismith seems the logical choice as he's the better physical matchup for Max Gawn, who will be too tall for both Nanka and Sinclair and too agile for Nanka. Naismith would do most of the ruck work and Sinclair would do his usual job at forward and relief ruckman.

I've also been disappointed with Cunningham's season. He's quick and has good skills. His tackling has improved this year. But I can't understand why he's not getting more of the ball. I think one of Cunningham, McGlynn or McVeigh needed to get dropped and Harry is easiest one to make the call on. With wet conditions forecast, it's better to go with the more experienced players.

I'm hoping Hewett, Naismith and Aliir are the ones that play.

Hewett missed 2 games this year and we lost them both.
    Yes, Hewett, Naismith and Aliir seem the logical choices, but I've been foiled by logic before.

Veterans List
    So all you guys are cutting Lloyd from the bench then?

Hewett will definitely start given his very good games so far, Lloyd won't be dropped so the only mystery remaining is Naismith or Naka for the second ruck duties.

Not surprised Cunningham given the chop, only wanting to make one voluntary change has saved McGlylnn who must be close to being dropped as well I'd reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Not surprised Cunningham given the chop, only wanting to make one voluntary change has saved McGlylnn who must be close to being dropped as well I'd reckon.
    Probably waiting for Papley to return to match fitness

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    So all you guys are cutting Lloyd from the bench then?

Hewett will definitely start given his very good games so far, Lloyd won't be dropped so the only mystery remaining is Naismith or Naka for the second ruck duties.

Umm, no. In our scenario, the bench is Lloyd, Aliir, Hewett and Naismith. While the ones being removed from the provisional seven man bench are Towers, Nankervis and Leonardis.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast