Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.13 V Melbourne.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Naismith seems the logical choice as he's the better physical matchup for Max Gawn, who will be too tall for both Nanka and Sinclair and too agile for Nanka. Naismith would do most of the ruck work and Sinclair would do his usual job at forward and relief ruckman.

I've also been disappointed with Cunningham's season. He's quick and has good skills. His tackling has improved this year. But I can't understand why he's not getting more of the ball. I think one of Cunningham, McGlynn or McVeigh needed to get dropped and Harry is easiest one to make the call on. With wet conditions forecast, it's better to go with the more experienced players.

I'm hoping Hewett, Naismith and Aliir are the ones that play.

Hewett missed 2 games this year and we lost them both.
    You can only play bruise free footy and get away with it for so long. McGlynn kept his place because he is infinitely more hard at it than Cunningham. Hewitt is a certainty to play and I reckon Leonardis will play.

Warming the Bench
    I didn't have TV access to Giants game - so it's hard to comment on selections.
    One point though - was Cunningham's role to stop Shaw's run? If so, he should be dropped. If not, who was? (Finding it hard to accept that players like Heath Shaw & Stevie J. had such an impact against us!)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    I didn't have TV access to Giants game - so it's hard to comment on selections.
    One point though - was Cunningham's role to stop Shaw's run? If so, he should be dropped. If not, who was? (Finding it hard to accept that players like Heath Shaw & Stevie J. had such an impact against us!)
    The game has become so even and competitive that you can't afford to play someone who isn't prepared to put his body on the line. He is a timid footballer. If Cunningham is a run with/stopping player then he still has to win footy of his own. If his opponent is taking him the game constantly, then he should get more of his own footy. No point being second to the ball and tackling if that is all you can do. He had 7 stats in the first half, none in the 3rd quarter and 4 in the last quarter, 3 of which were turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    IN
    Aliir Aliir, George Hewett, Tyrone Leonardis, Sam Naismith, Toby Nankervis, Dean Towers

OUT
    Harry Cunningham (Omitted), Harrison Marsh (Hamstring), Kurt Tippett (Hamstring)
    I can see the three in as being Hewett, Naismith and Towers with Towers shadowing Gawn the entire day and being the third man up all day, his vertical leap is a great strength

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I can see the three in as being Hewett, Naismith and Towers with Towers shadowing Gawn the entire day and being the third man up all day, his vertical leap is a great strength
    Can't be third man up a centre bounces.

Senior Player
    Interesting point re Towers Mug. May well be right there.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can't be third man up a centre bounces.
    Joey (or even Buddy) to "ruck" with Parker, Hanners and Mitchell at the drop?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Towers is 19cm shorter than Gawn. He better have one hell of a vertical leap

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He can't run with Gawn and be second up all game. Will be buggered by quarter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He can't run with Gawn and be second up all game. Will be buggered by quarter time.
    Perhaps, let's see how it pans out

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    And the conditions might hamper his jumping ability as well.

I reckon Buddy could well be primed for a big haul weather permitting

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast