Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.13 V Melbourne.

Changes for Rnd.13 V Melbourne.

Ins. Richards, Hewett, Nankervis.
    Outs. Tippett, Rohan? and any of McGlynn, McVeigh, Laidler, Cunningham.

I wouldn't mind seeing Heeney contribute a bit more too.

Nankervis or Naismith ? I thought Naismith had been doing more in the 2's ?
    What is the word on Tippo ? it didn't sound good but he did walk on the ground without crutches at the end to shake hands ? 4 weeks ?

I think Rohan was precaution but with a bye coming up, you might as well sit him for 1 and get 2 off

Ins: Richards, Hewett, Nankervis
    Outs: Tippett, Rohan, Cunningham

This would have been a perfect time for Sam Reid to come back, very unfortunate.
    I think Laidler has been fine, and in some periods very good this year. But yes Heeney has been a bit down lately with his midfield role and looks his best up forward, if Rohans injured this week there will be room for both Rose and Heeney in the forward line. McVeigh needs a serious shake up but it wont happen.
    Also whats going with Parker? Hasn't been terrible just a bit down?

Sam reid would have been the perfect replacement for tippet, but alas...

Id say nankervis.
    Towers for rohan.

No other change unless hewwett is availiable

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Nankervis or Naismith ? I thought Naismith had been doing more in the 2's ?
    What is the word on Tippo ? it didn't sound good but he did walk on the ground without crutches at the end to shake hands ? 4 weeks ?

I think Rohan was precaution but with a bye coming up, you might as well sit him for 1 and get 2 off
    Tippett's replacement will depend on how they see Sinclair's role now. If they think Sinclair can hold down the number 1 ruck with about 70-80% time in the ruck, similar to what Tippett has been doing then Nankervis would be the preferred candidate as he's been playing as a tall forward in the reserves although Naismith can also perform this role

However if they prefer Sinclair to keep his current role and want a number 1 ruck to replace Tippett then Naismith makes more sense given that's the role he's been playing in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Tippett's replacement will depend on how they see Sinclair's role now. If they think Sinclair can hold down the number 1 ruck with about 70-80% time in the ruck, similar to what Tippett has been doing then Nankervis would be the preferred candidate as he's been playing as a tall forward in the reserves although Naismith can also perform this role

However if they prefer Sinclair to keep his current role and want a number 1 ruck to replace Tippett then Naismith makes more sense given that's the role he's been playing in the reserves.
    Exactly what I was going to say in regards to Naismith or Nankervis.
    In regards to how long for Tippett; they're saying up to six weeks, but that is prior to any scans. Since he was walking around, hopefully it's not too serious and he'll be back a fair bit sooner.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Melbourne has one of the best rucks in the comp in Gawn.

But Nankervis has played a lot of games and is more experience than Naismith.

I would go with Nankervis, proven player over untried; especially with the logjam at the top of the table.

We lose more than one, and we could be really at the bottom of the eight.
    doof-doof

We should choose a ruck combo that is long term not just for the dees game. Tippet could be out for 6 weeks.

I like Nankervis as a big crash and bash style ruck man

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I like Nankervis as a big crash and bash style ruck man
    Naismith can do his fair share of bashing and crashing too. He's quicker than Nankervis, and taller. But probably doesn't have as natural (or as developed) football instincts.

It may simply come down to who is fitter. As Ugg reported in his reserves report, Nankervis was a withdrawal before the reserves game (and we don't know why), while Naismith spent the final quarter "resting" in the forward line. That might have been because he was seen as a more potent tall forward target down there than Galloway, once Reid went off injured. Or it might have been because he, himself, received a knock.

If he's fit enough, I'd like to see Naismith get the nod. Although very inexperienced, I think he's physically a better match up for Gawn. And there's certainly a lot to like about how he goes about his footy. The main question mark is whether he's had enough miles in his legs, given he's struggled to string much footy together since he's been on the list.

Teddy comes back for Marsh, BJ in for Rohan, we need teh leg speed for those over the back kicks, and one of those rucks comes in, maybe even Dericx
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Ins:Richards, Towers, Hewett, Naismith
    Out: Tippett, Rohan, McGlynn, & Parker to be managed/rested.

Parker is obviously carrying an injury for the past few weeks.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast