Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 10 - June 18-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Almost Football Legend

RWO Game Day Thread - Round 10 - June 18-19

Below are this week's fixtures in their current form. The weather forecast for the weekend isn't looking too flash, so if you become aware of any ground closures or fixture changes, please post them in here - and we can do our part to get everyone to the right ground at the right time.
    And if your club has any game-day event this week such as a past players day or ladies day or something similar, or any other week, give yourselves a plug in this weekly thread and we'll try to drum up some numbers for you.

Saturday 18th June

Bensons Lane
    12:00 Nor-West Jets v Holroyd Parramatta Goannas Division Five
    14:10 Nor-West Jets v Holroyd Parramatta Goannas Division Three

Blacktown ISP 2
    9:00 Western Magic v North Shore (Clash) Under 19 Division 2
    11:00 Western Magic v Wollongong Saints Women�s Division 1
    13:00 Western Magic v Camden Cats Division Four
    15:00 Western Magic v Holroyd Parramatta Goannas Division One

Greygums Oval
    10:30 Penrith Rams v Balmain Tigers Division Three
    12:30 Penrith Rams v UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs Division Five
    14:30 Penrith Rams v UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs Division Two

Kanebridge Oval
    10:00 East Coast Eagles (White Shorts) v Pennant Hills Demons Division Three
    12:00 East Coast Eagles (White Shorts) v Pennant Hills Demons Under 19s Division One
    14:00 East Coast Eagles (White Shorts) v Pennant Hills Demons Premier Division
    16:45 East Coast Eagles (White Shorts) v Pennant Hills Demons Division One

Mahoney Park
    10:30 UNSW Eastern Suburbs Stingrays v Newtown Breakaways Women's Division One
    12:30 UNSW Eastern Suburbs Stingrays v Newtown Breakaways Women's Premier Division

Monarch Oval
    9:00 Campbelltown Blues v West Sydney Magpies (Clash) Under 19s Division Two
    11:00 Campbelltown Blues v Camden Cats Division Five
    13:00 Campbelltown Blues v Wollondilly Knights Women's Division One
    15:00 Campbelltown Blues v Wollondilly Knights Division Three

Olds Park
    9:00 St George v Holroyd Parramatta Under 19s Division Two
    11:00 St George Dragons v South Coast Thunder Under 19s Division One
    13:00 St George Dragons v Southern Power Division One
    15:00 St George Dragons UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs Premier Division
    17:30 St George Dragons UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs Division Four

Picken Oval
    12:00 Western Suburbs Magpies v North Shore Bombers (Clash) Division Two
    14:10 Western Suburbs Magpies v North Shore Bombers (Clash) Premier Division

Pioneers Park
    11:40 Randwick City Saints v Southern Power Division Four
    14:10 Randwick City Saints v Camden Cats Division Two

Rosedale Oval
    9:00 South West Sydney Magpies v Pennant Hills Demons Women's Division One
    11:00 South West Sydney Magpies v Pennant Hills Demons Division Five
    13:00 South West Sydney Magpies v Sydney University Division Four
    15:10 South West Sydney Magpies v Sydney University Division Two

Sydney University Oval 1
    10:00 Sydney University v North Shore Bombers Under 19s Division One
    12:00 Sydney University v Bombers Auburn Giants Women's Premier Division
    14:00 Sydney University v Balmain Tigers Division Five
    16:00 Sydney University v Balmain Tigers Division One

University Oval (Macquarie Uni)
    13:00 Macquarie University v UTS Bats (Clash) Division Five
    15:00 Macquarie University v UTS Bats (Clash) Division One
    17:00 Macquarie University v North Shore Bombers Division Four

University Northern Oval (Macquarie Uni)
    5:30:00 PM Macquarie University v Power Wolves Women's Premier Division

Weldon Oval
    8:30 Manly Warringah Giants v UTS Shamrocks Women's Division One
    10:30 Manly Warringah Giants v UTS Bats Division Four
    12:30 Manly Warringah Giants v UTS Bats Division Two
    14:30 Manly Warringah Giants v UTS Bats Premier Division
    17:15 Manly Warringah Giants v Camden Cats Under 19s Division One

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Bit surprised that no one has mentioned it yet, but St George achieved their first "Red and Whitewash", with all five teams victorious at Olds Park today.

Back to Baulko Day out at Purser and it was terrific - I can see now why it's hard to get helpers in Sydney footy...they'll all helping at Baulko !!
    Warm sunny day, ground surface was fine, and, wow, what a huge crowd. Baulko likes to show lots of pictures after these great days and I'm sure this time will be no exception.
    Excellent canteen as we've come to expect from them, marquee tents, face painting, half time entertainment from 67 little kids from their "Academy", and parents, helpers, supporters, past players , real estate agents everywhere. The place was a picture of activity, vibe, energy and colour. Every little academy kid gets a very very fancy playing strip with their own name on the back, and they're about to embark on a road trip to Northern Victoria to play exhibition matches. I want MY KID to play there !
    We all know that there are shallow areas of their club to do with depth in the lower grades and the relationships with their bank managers, but you have to give it to them for having a red hot go. All power to them for trying !

On field their PD team goes ok too - well, good enough to beat an injury-hit Penno anyway. The game plan gets them what must be a world record number of inside 50s but the finishing is not good - 1 goal 8 behinds after half time , from eleventy-squillion inside fifties, up until the last couple of minutes when Penno went a bit ragged. I don't think they'll go too far into September action against the top two.

But, all credit to them. As we saw last season, the club's energy and persistence is to be envied. Along with the vision of the thinkers out there.

Thanks for a memorable day and I look forward to the same event next time around.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 19th June 2016 at 09:03 AM.

Was there a sinister reason for Sydney Uni canning two games at #1 yesterday whilst playing two games ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Was there a sinister reason for Sydney Uni canning two games at #1 yesterday whilst playing two games ?
    There certainly was speculation regarding the enthusiasm (or lack of ) from the Uni U19's.

I think Uni's under 19 coach has relocated to the northern territory. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I think Uni's under 19 coach has relocated to the northern territory. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    That is true, Paul has moved to the NT for work. I'm not entirely sure his move last month would influence the SUSF grounds staff in any way. To be honest the insinuation that it would is ridiculous as best, and insulting at worst. I assume the decision was made because it was already quite wet (it's no secret that the drainage is appalling given it is the lowest point on the campus) and the forecast for Sunday was for heavy rain. It is unfortunate - especially for the Div 5 boys, most who only play every second week due to the sheer amount of numbers we have - but we can't go over the Uni's head and play because they'll just ban us from using the ground full stop. Our GM probably did well to talk them into allowing us to play two games because I'd bet London to a brick that they would rather have closed the ground for the weekend. It certainly is closed tonight and probably will still be shut on Wednesday.

Sorry, I miss read the original posts. I thought the team had forfeited, due to lack of interest. But now I see it was ground closure. Obviously that would have nothing to do with the coach!

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO Wrap of the weekend action is now online.

Sorry, no pics this week. A couple of late volunteer scratchings meant I goal umpired a Div 2 game then time-kept Premier Division, and didn't have time between games to go to the car & get my camera.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty