Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 12: Sydney Swans Reserves v Aspley Hornets @ Blacktown

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Dawson - pretty anonymous last week. First quarter this week was great then relatively quiet again.

Papley - came on at quarter time. Looked busy pushed hard up the ground and kicked a great goal in the pocket

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Hiscox's not so fantastic set shot

TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Hiscox's not so fantastic set shot

TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos
    Hmmm, I've watched that four times now and I'm still struggling to work out what he actually did!?? It sort of looks like his mind decided to go with the left foot, but his body rebelled and went with the right??

Is Hiscox gonna get another season? He's perhaps coming from further back than most but has he shown enough to suggest he's worth persevering with? I haven't seen much of him myself but am not filled with hope. As against that he was actually given his debut a few rounds ago (regardless of the circumstances ) and has had some relative days out in the neafl along the way. Not sure if it is still at all relevant that when he was drafted Fremantle bid a second rounder on him that we matched.

Veterans List
    Foote best again, must be next cab to get a senior gig.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Hiscox was kicking from an angle. I recall watching Richo kicking from dead in front and getting it out on the full! True.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swans View Post
    Ugh how far do you feel Dawson is away from playing first he would have been a good game to try him out against Melbourne today as his long kicking is great in the wet as his preseason showing. Is it just getting games under his belt this year or do you see him getting a game before the end of the year to give him a go in the first as he shows good signs with the larger body player's.
    It looks like he still needs to develop a bit physically but boy is he a superboot.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Foote best again, must be next cab to get a senior gig.
    He's racking up best player nominations pretty consistently.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I'd have Newman in first for next call up. He is a smart player, gets to the right places.

X-lad is working out to be a very very good forward. Who knew! His genes would say otherwise. But he has "it". Ted didn't actually have all that much work to do to be honest.

BJ is a worry. Can be very good. Can be thoughtless and cavalier about when to go and when to pass. Must be a reason why he hasn't had a return gig.

Foot is good, very good. But, six months away by my reckoning (which is often flawed, I know, its amazing).

Hiscox worries me. I just do not know.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Is Hiscox gonna get another season? He's perhaps coming from further back than most but has he shown enough to suggest he's worth persevering with? I haven't seen much of him myself but am not filled with hope. As against that he was actually given his debut a few rounds ago (regardless of the circumstances ) and has had some relative days out in the neafl along the way. Not sure if it is still at all relevant that when he was drafted Fremantle bid a second rounder on him that we matched.
    This is the classic case of an athlete, not a footballer. Can't see him developing the skills to make it and is currently clogging the list IMHO. There are going to be some very difficult decisions at the end of the year about who to delist and Hiscox would have to be one of the first to go I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    This is the classic case of an athlete, not a footballer. Can't see him developing the skills to make it and is currently clogging the list IMHO. There are going to be some very difficult decisions at the end of the year about who to delist and Hiscox would have to be one of the first to go I'm afraid.
    I agree. It must have been out of academy loyalty that we matched Freo's bid, because he was never worth more than a rookie spot. I thought Abe would be the one to get a 2nd round bid.

We actually don't have many spuds on our list, so it won't be easy at delisting time. Galloway, Murray, Derickx (will have to find new whipping boy) and Hiscox are the ones that come to mind as the most likely. Melican is injured again (hamstring, 4 weeks), which is a worry, but I think we'd like to keep him on another season as he has shown some good signs, but he just doesn't get enough playing time due to injury.

Can't make a call on AJ yet. When I see Menzel running around and kicking goals, I get hopeful. How good would that be to see AJ playing again.

I was just about ready to pull the plug on XR, for no other reason than lack of progress, but we'll have to wait and see how this switch to forward works out. So far, looking good.

It's hard to call for trading Towers after he's just had his best game.

Agree with Primmy that Newman is the one that could step up to senior level next. Abe Davis is such a natural footballer that I have little doubt he will make the transition to senior football as smoothly as Hewett has. And O'Riordan is playing so well consistently that it will be hard to keep him out of the senior side next year, at least for a few games.

The club has done a great development job with Foote. He looks a more likely prospect by the week.

Jake Brown has shown enough to get a rookie spot next year. I doubt he will go in the ND.

Senior Player
    Agree with most of that Ludwig but not so sure about Murray or Galloway. Murray I think is the youngest on the list and is starting to show a bit. Certainly seems to be improving. Galloway is also incredibly young for someone of his size. Seems to be getting more of the ball and a few hit outs now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast