Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 12: Sydney Swans Reserves v Aspley Hornets @ Blacktown

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Swans 6.3 8.4 12.10 16.15 (111)
    Hornets 1.2 3.4 3.5 6.5 (47)

Swans
    Goals: Dawson 3 X.Richards 2 Derickx 2 Wilson 1 Cunningham 1 O'Riordan 1 Hiscox 1 Papley 1 Brown 1 Reinhard 1 Jack 1 Naismith 1
    Behinds: Rushed 5 X.Richards 2 Wilson 1 Brown 1 Cunningham 1 Derickx 1 Newman 1 Papley 1 Hiscox 1

Hornets
    Goals: Bevan 2 Ives 1 Payne 1 Hughes 1 Gribble 1 Sansbury 1
    Behinds: Rushed 2 Bevan 1 Ferron 1 Gribble 1

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    Too many man-buns in this team.
    I noticed that Rhyce Shaw made a beeline at 3 qtr. time to Brandon Jack, had a few words with him, then went to Sam Naismith, who was sitting on the ground getting his quad massaged, then scurried over to Jordan Foote and had some harsh words for him as well. Clearly Shaw was not impressed. It's worth taking a look at the NEAFL video.

I have to take some of the blame for the man buns. I made a some comments a few weeks ago intimating that John Longmire was keen to select players for the senior side with man buns. I know many of the reserves players follow my posts to see what's trending in the AFL, and probably didn't realise that I was only joking.

Perhaps the AFL spend too much time with the players on drug policy and should devote more effort on instructing players about coiffure, tattoos and sarcasm.

A good effort by the boys today. Newman, O'Riordan and Davis continue their strong season. Xav looks okay as a forward. BJ showed clean hands and good skills in the wet conditions, despite the man bun. And Dawson has got some real talent. He could develop into something special.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Not much chance of that, they will continue to exercise their constitutional right to bare arms.

(you have no idea how long I've been waiting to use that)
    I love your worky Undy
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Pushing for Selection
    How did Ted & Xav go ??

The 2 brothers make interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
    How did Ted & Xav go ??

The 2 brothers make interesting reading.
    Commentator spent more time talking about their dad the "Ballarat Butcher". Sounds more like a mass murderer than a father of 2 AFL footballers.

Best Players: J. Foote, X. Richards, N. Newman, S. Naismith, S. Murray

Warming the Bench
    Thanks for the man-puns. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Best Players: J. Foote, X. Richards, N. Newman, S. Naismith, S. Murray
    Sam Murray? What's going on here? How can they leave O'Riordan out?

Also thought Davis was very good at FB. And BJ was not bad as well.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 19th June 2016 at 07:33 PM.

It was Murray's best game for the Swans, he played off half back today, but I didn't think he was anywhere near the best players.

Ugh how far do you feel Dawson is away from playing first he would have been a good game to try him out against Melbourne today as his long kicking is great in the wet as his preseason showing. Is it just getting games under his belt this year or do you see him getting a game before the end of the year to give him a go in the first as he shows good signs with the larger body player's.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by swans View Post
    Ugh how far do you feel Dawson is away from playing first he would have been a good game to try him out against Melbourne today as his long kicking is great in the wet as his preseason showing. Is it just getting games under his belt this year or do you see him getting a game before the end of the year to give him a go in the first as he shows good signs with the larger body player's.
    I reckon we'd need to experience a pretty torrid injury run for Dawson to get a look in this season. He missed a chunk of games with injury not so long ago, and I think they'll just be looking for him to continue getting his body prepared to take the next step up. With players like Hewett, Rose and (today) Towers performing well across half-forward in the senior team, he's probably not that close to breaking through.

He definitely has some traits to get excited about, though, for future seasons.

Any reports on how Papley went?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast