Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 13 Match Day Thread Sydney V Melbourne. SCG 13.10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Very hard slog but really we should win this by 4-5 goals in these conditions. Most of the team has played pretty well really. Allir showing good judgement and reads the play well - he just needs to be a bit more sure with his disposals.

Heeney seems a bit down at the moment - conditions probably don't suit but would like to see a bit more go from him.
    Well, Heeney hasn't had many disposals, but he has laid nine tackles. And as a team, we have laid 87 in the first half, which is all time record AFL pace.

Terrible terrible selfishness by Tom Mitchell when his own greed denied Rose a goal

The pressure of our forwards to prevent clean transition by the Dee's has been first class

Buddy, Mcglinn, rose, Rohan etc have been awesome

Certainly a big factor in helping our backline and midfield dominate

Possibly our best game in the wet for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Possibly our best game in the wet for a while.
    horrible to watch tho!

Great four quarters of wet weather football.

A bad day for the haters on here. McVeigh was immense and surely we can stay off his back today. Towers was also absolutely brilliant today, worked hard and got two goals but also did a lot of little things. On that effort he is definitely in our best 22

Other comments from me:
    * Nankervis did very well against Gawn and I think the run of game will do him the world of good.
    * Mills continues to amaze me with his poise and confidence for a young lad
    * Zak Jones continue improve and is becoming a regular first grader for sure.
    * Aliir Aliir did OK and he didn't let us down but I still think he is a fair way off the finished article but he is definitely a keeper. He does seem to have very good judgement which is of course essential for a backman
    * And I guess I should mention JPK, how spoilt we are to take that effort today as a given

But highlight overall me was Rose. I've never been a huge fan but he's won me over with his workrate and effort and I just really admired his effort today. He's finish isn't there yet but he has clearly developed very well this year.

We have struggled in the wet of late so it was good to see a good four quarter effort

It was a game for the whipping boys today. Ill reserve judgement until they perform in the dry

Senior Player
    Pretty good win all around. No passengers and was impressed by Allir in particular. Towers was very good - wish he could be consistent as his good is very good.

Mills is going to be an absolute champion - at least as good as Hanners which is a big statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Pretty good win all around. No passengers and was impressed by Allir in particular. Towers was very good - wish he could be consistent as his good is very good.

Mills is going to be an absolute champion - at least as good as Hanners which is a big statement.
    Mills just does his job every week, very impressive. It must be frustrating for the coaches re Towers, they clearly know what he can do and he does show glimpses. Hopefully he can prove us all wrong and earn a new contract

Towers hasn't stopped believing in himself
    His form in ressies is of a high standard most weeks
    He looked very good - willing and able today

5 Regular Snr players missing
    Tippo
    Reid
    Laidler
    Teddy
    HarryC

These 3 players below all capable
    Talia
    Marsh
    Brandon

That is a depth of 8 players we can call upon

this forum gets abit awkward when the whipping boy towers has a good game, its like no one knows who to blame

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Great four quarters of wet weather football.

A bad day for the haters on here. McVeigh was immense and surely we can stay off his back today. Towers was also absolutely brilliant today, worked hard and got two goals but also did a lot of little things. On that effort he is definitely in our best 22

Other comments from me:
    * Nankervis did very well against Gawn and I think the run of game will do him the world of good.
    * Mills continues to amaze me with his poise and confidence for a young lad
    * Zak Jones continue improve and is becoming a regular first grader for sure.
    * Aliir Aliir did OK and he didn't let us down but I still think he is a fair way off the finished article but he is definitely a keeper. He does seem to have very good judgement which is of course essential for a backman
    * And I guess I should mention JPK, how spoilt we are to take that effort today as a given

But highlight overall me was Rose. I've never been a huge fan but he's won me over with his workrate and effort and I just really admired his effort today. He's finish isn't there yet but he has clearly developed very well this year.

We have struggled in the wet of late so it was good to see a good four quarter effort
    Yes to all that, plus I think we now rate as a wet weather side (lots of practice).
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast