Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 13 Match Day Thread Sydney V Melbourne. SCG 13.10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Towers was good but I don't think he was 2nd BOG.. I thought Kennedy ranked higher for one..
    JPK was immense today but Towers was right up there in the mix for votes.

I have found his progress this year frustrating but I just rate the guy. I think he just gives us something a bit different and today he was top shelf, it would be good if that could become his marker for what he does the back half of the year because we need our bottom six (of the 22) firing.

I do think he is definitely playing for his career with us and unlike Mitchell, who I'm hearing we'll have some good news about this week, I think we'll be quite happy to wait until after the season is over to sit down with Dean. I've never met the bloke but he seems like a quality sort of individual, I like the path less travelled he has taken to the AFL and it would be great now if he could carve out an 80-90 game career with us.

I also thought Nankervis was good for us today. I know that the conditions suited him but I quite like his aggression and he was really up for the contest today along with Sinclair

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Is there anyone on RWO who hasn't bagged one of towers, mcveigh or Rose?
    Me - McVeigh's skills by hand were incredible.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I will pretty much echo everyone else's comments:
    • McVeigh played a great game. Hopefully he has now caught up after no pre-season. He has been building steadily apart from a poor game agains the Giants (not the only one by a long shot)
    • Loved Nankervis' positioning around the ground and happily playing with Mummyesque vigour around the ball.
    • I was worried about Rose playing against seasoned bodies but he showed he definitely belongs at this level.
    • Towers seemed to always be involved and he did some very good things.
    • Even thogh he wasn't the best I thought Kizza really lead by example from the very beginning today.
    • AA looked like someone who has played way more than two games. With Laidler, Talia and some bloke named Richards to still come back, I am feeling a lot more comfortable about our back line than I did at the start of the season.
    • I didn't noticed Sinclair as much as I thought I would but not really a day for ruckmen.
    • A few RWOer's has mentioned Joey having a great game. I didn't see it. Not that he had a bad game in my eyes just not exceptional.
    • Reg had another great game and it was good that we won a milestone game for a great servant of the club. Grundy's form has been at a very high level for a long time now.

It is normally really hard to watch a wet game but today I was able to enjoy it, probably because of the games of our youngsters. Not a poor performance from any of Hewett, Jones, AA, Rose, Heeney, Mills, Nankervis and especially Towers. Now we have to wait two long weeks to see how they go against one of the best contested ball teams in the comp. It will be a cracking, hopefully dry, game.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Me.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Me.
    You can be in charge of purchasing the hats. Ask for a bulk discount.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Yes

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Depends on your definition, Xzy had a @@@@ game or Xyz is useless and should never wear R&W again, but don't think I have "bagged" Towers.
    I have always been a Macca fan and Rose has only just started and will get a bit of leeway for a while.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Towers was good but I don't think he was 2nd BOG.. I thought Kennedy ranked higher for one..
    ABC Grandstand votes were McVeigh 1, Towers 2, Kennedy 3 BoG.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    ABC Grandstand votes were McVeigh 1, Towers 2, Kennedy 3 BoG.
    Fair enough.. I was wrong.

This game shows how good a team can be when the bottom tier play at their best.
    Good call

When u tilt ur cap with the top 10 players I suppose it is common strategy to find some lower cost players to develop in the key areas u require inthe top 25 or so to choose from each week

These players sometimes can be frustrating but that is because they need extra time to develop

We do seem to do this better and better the last 8 years or so

Ie

Kieran
    Smith
    Rampe
    Laidler
    Lloyd
    HaaryC

The list below is building

Marsh?
    Papley?
    Towers?
    AA?
    Rose?
    Nanko?

Feel free to go though my posts, I'm quite sure I never have.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast