Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 13 Match Day Thread Sydney V Melbourne. SCG 13.10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Swans v Suns, two weeks ago: Suns 119 tackles + Swans 135 tackles = Total 254 tackles

I have no idea if this is a record but it is clearly both more than 190 tackles and more than the 89 + 155 = 244 tackles today.
    Oops, looked at the wrong side of the table
    Richmond vs Port 2010 still the highest with 258
    The game we just played comes in at 3rd
    AFL Tables - Team Game Highs and Lows
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goes up to 11
    I really thought Towers' papers had been marked after his last outing, so it was great to see such a good performance from him. I hope he keeps it up now.

I enjoyed watching Jones. He has got better each game, and isn't being suckered into giving frees. I suppose he was having to play a grownup game against his brother and that may have helped. Enjoying how much he is quietly going about it. Hard nut indeed. Wonder if Kirky got hold of him.

Didn't mind AA's game either. He just seemed to "be there" when needed. Nice and safe too. Not bad for game 2, in the rain. Again.

I'd signed Towers papers, so was surprised to see him back on the team. Must have been given notice. Played a very good game.

The hard work being done by Luke and Isaac has to be acknowledged. Their mud puddle efforts were fantastic. Rose also. He might not have been able to get everything right, but that didn't stop the second and thirds. Enthusiastic I'd call it. Has he played 5 games yet?

And after watching X and Newman in the ressies, its all looking pretty damned good. A couple of the toppies are worth keeping an eye on.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Suspended by the MRP
    I liked Mills BUT he needs to stop kicking it back to the opposition, i know he was under pressure but he is turning into a pastry chef with those turnovers, we dont need a pastry chef.

Read that they played Towers as an inside mid in the ressies, which showed, so kudos to Shaw.

Veterans List
    Great game to attend though I did moved to be partially under shelter. It was one long rolling maul and the work in and under by both teams was excellent but the Swans just had a bit more skill and were a bit cleaner. Sinclair was good all day and Nankervis used his bulk to make his mark on the game. Allir Allir played with so much composure (was he the first Swan to hold a mark?) that it was shattering when he made his mistake over the line - I thought Horse had taken him off for the day as he was on the bench straight afterwards so it was good to see him on the ground at the final siren. McVeigh was massive all day - as I think he has been for a few weeks now.

So good to have no reported injuries after the debacle of the week before.

I had the chance to talk to Benny and Josh last week. Benny was saying that the Gold Coast rain was so strong it was hard to look up at the ball coming in. (I guess Benny is always looking up so it probably affects him more.) I asked Josh if the wet Gold Coast game affected the Giants game. He said he thought it hadn't at the time but watching the replay he saw that his reactions were slower than usual.

All up, it's probably good that we have the bye this coming weekend. The first games after it will go a long way to determining the shape of the ladder and the finals series.

Suspended by the MRP
    Wouldnt it be nice to have a home ground with a roof where we can play all year round.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Wouldnt it be nice to have a home ground with a roof where we can play all year round.
    Eithad stadium will never produce a premiership team because the ground is so hard they get too many soft tissue injuries by years end. Some teams have resorted to drugs to combat this. Well, one team did.

There will be a roof'ed stadium in Sydney in a few years. It has 3 letters and starts with an A and ends with a Z, but I dare not speak its name.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Eithad stadium will never produce a premiership team because the ground is so hard they get too many soft tissue injuries by years end. Some teams have resorted to drugs to combat this. Well, one team did.

There will be a roof'ed stadium in Sydney in a few years. It has 3 letters and starts with an A and ends with a Z, but I dare not speak its name.
    The Chinese have come up with another solution.

Veterans List
    I think that umbrella was in front of me at the SCG for a few minutes yesterday.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Thats magnificent, if only we could have it mechanically come out and cover the SCG at the start and middle of every season so we dont play in the wet. Maybe a red and white one eh.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Advantage was paid whether he wanted it or not so no choice to give it back to buddy
    That's how I saw it too - Lloyd went over to pick up the ball and next thing he knows the ump has called advantage!! No option but ti quickly snap the goal.

Mitchell OTOH was rather awful in his spoil of Rose. One for the post-game analysis I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Yeah, but I don't know if you'd get much of a view of the game if you're constantly driving around in circles.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast