Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd half of the season

2nd half of the season

Bye couldn't have come at a more opportune time.
    Good to have a week off after a game like today and the first 13 weeks of the season.
    4 teams now on 10-3, in the next 3 games we play two of them and the side that is 5th.
    At the very least if we win our last four games at home and beat Freo and St Kilda on the road we finish 16-6 which is definitely top 4 and possibly top 2.

We have to be more than happy with what we have achieved in the first half of the season. A lot has gone right for us so far and to be 10-3 and equal leaders is a very decent launching pad for the rest of our season. Given how many younger players have played a big role so far has us in good stead going forward.

Top 4 should be am absolute minimum from here, despite a fairly tough draw coming home. Top 2 a real chance if we do well over the next 3 tough games. Our injury toll is not too bad at the moment but tippett will be a big miss for us while he is out. But i have faith we can keep on keeping on and make the top 4 at least - and from there in an open season we would be as good a chance as any!

I hate the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I hate the bye.
    Ditto, but after another slog in the rain I think they need a week off.

I hate the bye.
    Me too, but I'm betting the players are looking forward to it.

Imagine if swans and gws finish 1,2. 4 finals in sydney and an all sydney grand final.

In the same year eddie gets the sack and collingwood give up a top 5 pick to GWS.

Oh the joy!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I hate the bye.
    Definitely. The weekend just seems empty.
    It's almost as bad as losing a Friday night game to the Dawks, Tiggers, Pies, Roos, Giants, Cats, Crows, Lions, Dockers, Aints, Weagles, Blues, Suns, Power, Bulldogs, Dees or Bombers
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    Imagine if swans and gws finish 1,2. 4 finals in sydney and an all sydney grand final.

In the same year eddie gets the sack and collingwood give up a top 5 pick to GWS.

Oh the joy!
    LOL.
    That will upset more than just eddie.
    But it may happen one day!!

Senior Player

Oh the joy!
    Somewhat miraculously after playing the Swans GWS have come down with a number of injuries to key players including Mumford. Hmmm! Part of the AFL game plan?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

WE're traditionally crap after the bye, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    WE're traditionally crap after the bye, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
    Dogs $2.60 - get on!

Suspended by the MRP

Oh the joy!
    They will find a way to make both sydney teams play at the MCG because tradition and the herald dumb having a big ol sook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast