Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Clears that up. I was losing sleep over his dynamic knee stabilisers.

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Clears that up. I was losing sleep over his dynamic knee stabilisers.
    Mocking me? Cruel

Last edited by goswannies; 5th February 2017 at 10:38 AM.

Senior Player
    Very good explanation goswannnies. I for one am grateful to have knowledgeable members contributing

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Very good explanation goswannnies. I for one am grateful to have knowledgeable members contributing
    no probs & thanks. I just hope he gets back - or at least has the fewest problems a knee with his history can have ... for the rest of his life.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    no probs & thanks. I just hope he gets back - or at least has the fewest problems a knee with his history can have ... for the rest of his life.
    Likewise. I only ever see acls intraoperatively not during their lengthy rehab.

By all accounts AJ is a top bloke so I have my fingers crossed for him

I wonder how strong the thought would now be to quit while he can walk.
    Remember he hasn't been playing footy for years, but he hasn't been walking freely for that time as well.
    Reasonably brave to get back out on the track and risk it all again.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I wonder how strong the thought would now be to quit while he can walk.
    Remember he hasn't been playing footy for years, but he hasn't been walking freely for that time as well.
    Reasonably brave to get back out on the track and risk it all again.
    You're retired a long time as they say. He obviously loves the game and the Swans (hasn't had a lot of the former, & might feel a little indebted to the latter, so that might also be a motivator). I met him on GF day and he was walking very briskly indeed. No noticeable limp, far as I can recall. He'll be able to walk for a while yet, I always worry when then they get to 50+ & have severely degerative knees. No fun at all.

Pushing for Selection
    The Age today has AJ possibly playing NEAFL by Round 4:

The forgotten footballers set to make their comebacks in season 2017

"ALEX JOHNSON

It's difficult to write this bloke's name without getting emotional. Having undergone five knee reconstructions, Johnson hasn't played a game since the Swans' 2012 grand final win over Hawthorn, where he was arguably the best player on the ground to half-time. To put that in perspective, current premiership favourites GWS won two games in 2012. Johnson has been placed on the long-term injury list but the Swans are very happy with his rehabilitation. Should be available for selection in the NEAFL by round four. Absolutely in their best 22. "

If so, good news.

One on my favourite players. Can't wait for his return. Definitely in the best 22.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Would love to see him play even just one senior game. Agree! he probably was AFL GF 2012 Best on ground until half time.

I can't wait even to see him in the NEAFL. If he does make it for round 4 (by no means assured, I wouldn't think) that will be the curtain raiser against the Giants at the SCG!!!

Every time I see a new post in this thread. my heart goes 'pitter patter', faster than is good for me,and after reading a positive comment it settles down again.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast