Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Wow, harsh on the poor kid.

A hard arse would say AJ has the rest of 2017 to prove he's worth keeping on the list, and therefore a senior recall would be his goal.
    If he's knee is fine, and he's not pushing for selection, you'd have to ask why he is on our list.

The club isnt that hard arse, so likely they will give him 2018, but that would need to be his breakout year. They were patient with Heath James, but once he overcame his injuries, he was given a chance to prove his worth, and he couldnt, so was cut. So their is precedent.
    I like how you selectively quoted me.

I get caught up in the ups and downs of selections, particularly in the GF.
    After last year, I have swung around to the train of thought that 100% fitness is required.
    I believe that we suffered playing players who weren't 100%
    Is it worth playing AJ for sentimental reasons, given the season we're having?
    Nope.
    He has to earn it.
    And if Dawson can't get a game, and if Mitchell couldn't work his way into the side when he was dominating the reserves, then it's hard to see the club gifting him a game.
    And that's what it would be.
    As I said, unless he comes out and blazes through the reserves and demands his spot.
    I'd like nothing more than for him to be wearing another necklace at the end of the year.
    But realistically.....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

We dont have a 100% fitness requirement to play in the team.

I think AJ will fall somewhere in between Mcveigh (coach favourite, who only has to play half a game in the 2's) and Dawson (never gets a go) as far as warranting selection.

The question would become, who would AJ replace in the current side ?

I think AJ will fall somewhere in between Mcveigh (coach favourite, who only has to play half a game in the 2's) and Dawson (never gets a go) as far as warranting selection.

I wondered if AJ would help Rampe spend time in the midfield

Veterans List
    I can see AJ playing out the season in the two's (proof for the club that his knee is really right) followed by a full pre season, playing the pre season series to gauge if his form is 'best 22' and if so, pushing for selection for round one 2018. That would make sense to me......

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I can see AJ playing out the season in the two's (proof for the club that his knee is really right) followed by a full pre season, playing the pre season series to gauge if his form is 'best 22' and if so, pushing for selection for round one 2018. That would make sense to me......
    +1

Veterans List

Why would you bother putting that in?

Goes up to 11
    Hands up if you'll be there early Saturday for the Ressies if AJ is named???

(puts hand up)

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Hands up if you'll be there early Saturday for the Ressies if AJ is named???

(puts hand up)
    Me!!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Why would you bother putting that in?
    Restarting the narrative early this week as it was completely obliterated against Melbourne.
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Agreed!

If he starts playing well enough and there's a vacancy in the seniors they'll pick him. Just like every other player in the squad.

Really, the sooner he gets back into the seniors the better. It might take a month for him to build up his match fitness but then I think he's in contention for selection. How quickly he can recapture his form only time will tell.