Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Agreed. Last thing we need is another Nathan Buckley or Michael Voss.

On that note, Brett Kirk is a frickin champion. A former player that's not only a good leader onfield but a good leader off it seems. In 2002 I would have never guessed the influence the guy has had on our club.
    Buckley and Hird is the example I would go for - don't think Voss was that bad. He made some drastic errors early on, which was partly inexperience and partly poor footy department management, but he improved rapidly. He was much better than Leppich and I don't think Brisbane would be the mess they are today if they kept him.

I'm very pleased that Kirk went to Freo rather than straight to the Swans. It's not healthy for the club to be too insular - we need fresh ideas. Glad he came back too!!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Agreed. Last thing we need is another Nathan Buckley or Michael Voss.

On that note, Brett Kirk is a frickin champion. A former player that's not only a good leader onfield but a good leader off it seems. In 2002 I would have never guessed the influence the guy has had on our club.
    Kirky leaves Fweo... bottom of the table.
    Kirky comes home... top of the table.
    Coincidence?
    I think not.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the veteran's list

AJ Watch

Can't find the thread that talked about AJ, but the Sydney Swans website is reporting that AJ's latest appointment with the surgeon went extremely well and both are "bouyant" about the progress. (Reading between the lines it would appear that there is no infection, as by this time with his LARS/hybrid operation it had all blown up and he was back to square 4.)

Fingers crossed.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Best of luck to AJ, really deserves a good outcome. If it works this time he will have missed nearly five seasons without pulling on a boot. Was on track to become a star.

Glad the club have stuck by him.

You guys must have been reading my mind as I was about to post regarding AJ's progress (or lack of reporting for same).
    That is a worry for you as it is sometimes very muddled.

Veteran Site Admin
    Last time they announced it had been successful immediately after the operation, and then it was about a fortnight later that it was reported otherwise. I think it's been nearly a month now since the most recent one, so let's hope that no news is good news.

Wonderful news

Can't wait to hear the next updates !!!

I'm typically quite optimistic about everything Swans and most things medical.

I am going to be extremely cautious here, however. I'm afraid I've seen too many incidences where post op infections rear their ugly heads months or even years down the track, without rhyme or reason. When I say too many, it's not necessarily a lot, but enough, and any occurrence (reoccurrence) of postop infection is too many!

The doctors are undoubtedly doing everything in their power.
    If you're religious, spare a kind thought on AJs behalf to whichever deity you revere. If you're not, just well wishes.

I hope he gets back - if anyone deserves a break its AJ. But I really just want a delightful young man to get his life back on track ... whereever that track might lead.

Best of luck AJ ????

AJ has been sent to recuperate in a bacteria free environment. (PS: I like the new away jumper, but could use just a bit more red).

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post

I am going to be extremely cautious here, however. I'm afraid I've seen too many incidences where post op infections rear their ugly heads months or even years down the track, without rhyme or reason. When I say too many, it's not necessarily a lot, but enough, and any occurrence (reoccurrence) of postop infection is too many!

If you're religious, spare a kind thought on AJs behalf to whichever deity you revere. If you're not, just well wishes.

I hope he gets back - if anyone deserves a break its AJ. But I really just want a delightful young man to get his life back on track ... whereever that track might lead.

Best of luck AJ ??
    If he plays senior football again I suspect I won't be the only one with tears in their eyes. Good luck champ!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post

Best of luck AJ ????
    If he plays senior football again I suspect I won't be the only one with tears in their eyes. Good luck champ!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Last time they announced it had been successful immediately after the operation, and then it was about a fortnight later that it was reported otherwise. I think it's been nearly a month now since the most recent one, so let's hope that no news is good news.
    The last op was on May 30 according to this
    AJ "happy and well" - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    That will be one game I won't miss........no matter which stadium it's at!

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast