Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Recent form isn't, but AJ's return is a great reason for to make an effort to attend Sat Night. I be there early to make sure I see him run on. TBH I never thought this would happen. Really happy to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    Recent form isn't, but AJ's return is a great reason for to make an effort to attend Sat Night. I be there early to make sure I see him run on. TBH I never thought this would happen. Really happy to be proven wrong.
    AJ and his family are lovely people. I drove his old man back to his office from a coterie function a couple of years ago. We spoke about Alex's progress through his school years and how he was coping with his numerous set-backs and how mentally stoic he was/is. I remember thinking at the time (but of course didn't admit it) that his career was over. Glad he has proven me wrong.

There is now no reason why AJ can't have another several years left in his career. The major issues with his knee was infection, not a genetic weakness. He has now missed 6 years of rigorous AFL competition which should, in theory, prolong his career. He always had the natural ability, as proven by his performance in 2012 at such a young age. Had he not got injured I feel that he would have had a couple of All Australian selections by now. He was going to be an absolute gun for us.

Got my fingers crossed for him, and his family.

+1

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I now have a completely different attitude to Saturday night's game.
    Before today, I expected to lose and be very depressed about it.
    I still expect to lose but will see the game as hugely positive if AJ can get through it unscathed.

AJ has been magnificent in his commitment to a return. And our club has been just as magnificent in its support of him.

Go AJ! You're an absolute inspiration!

On the Rookie List
    My wife and I are so excited to read this!

It was Alex that was given the role of `presenting` the Swans jumper when I attended the first game in April when they interviewed me for the Swans website. He was so super nice and when I was being interviewed had a very lovely conversation with my wife. She was so impressed with him - such a personable and nice man.

As they were leaving, I told him that I wished him the best and said I hoped that he could come all the way back. I am so happy for him that it has happened.

Veterans List
    Made my day - absolutely delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I still expect to lose but will see the game as hugely positive if AJ can get through it unscathed.

AJ has been magnificent in his commitment to a return. And our club has been just as magnificent in its support of him.

Me too Sandridge. We weren't going to come up the highway for the game as frankly recently I haven't been enjoying our games and we have other weekends away coming up in weeks to come (so money a bit stretched). But in many ways the result is secondary - just hearing the roar as he runs on, gets his first touch will be worth it. The boys should be pumped and we can pull off a famous win if we can ride the wave of emotion - but even if we get belted, I'll still be a happy chap to have been there when AJ returned after 2136 days.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Not sure if any other club would have kept AJ on their list so it’s a big heads up to the Swans.

AJ always desired to return, so he’s stayed the course no matter what.

It has to inspire the boys and help them to refocus and play much better footy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post

+1 Surely the team will be inspired to bring out their best on Sat night.

Yes truly inspiring to see his perseverance pay off. I must say that I thought he would never play Senior football again. Very pleased to be proven wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    Was thinking that I might give Saturday's game a miss due to a hectic weekend for the family, but now I'm working out how I can be there. What with AJ running out, and no expectation of winning I expect to be able to relax and have a very enjoyable evening.

It's splendiferous! All that striving, all that sacrifice and toil but the dream was never lost. He is ready, once again, to fully play his role in the grand saga of the Sydney Swans. This, he will do and I cannot wait to see it.

Unfortunately, unavoidable commitments limited my attendance this season to just three home games. I chose GWS, West Coast and Collingwood. Ha-ha, luck's a thing!

AJ's re-debut is a good omen.