Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    AJ has been sent to recuperate in a bacteria free environment. (PS: I like the new away jumper, but could use just a bit more red).

Bet Buddy could kick a goal from there!
    Last edited by Untamed Snark; 22nd June 2016 at 12:58 PM.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I was fortunate enough to be at the SCG when Gary Rohan ran out to join the seconds on field. I cheered and applauded wildly along with the hundreds who had made sure to be there for the occasion. I do hope (as we all do) that AJ will be as fortunate this time around, and that his great courage in adversity will be rewarded. And if it comes to that (fingers and toes crossed) I look forward to going bonkers again.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I was fortunate enough to be at the SCG when Gary Rohan ran out to join the seconds on field. I cheered and applauded wildly along with the hundreds who had made sure to be there for the occasion. I do hope (as we all do) that AJ will be as fortunate this time around, and that his great courage in adversity will be rewarded. And if it comes to that (fingers and toes crossed) I look forward to going bonkers again.

+1

Veterans List
    This is the latest from the Swans website: 'After undergoing a fifth knee reconstruction, Alex Johnson is preparing to begin his rehab.

Harley says Johnson is optimistic about the future.

�Alex is, as we know, an unbelievably resilient character and he�s extremely buoyed by the recent appointment with the doctor,� Harley said.

�He will be back in Sydney next week where he can get back in amongst the playing group and back in amongst the NEAFL team, where he was acting as an assistant coach.

�So he�s buoyed, we�re buoyed and we�ve got everything crossed for AJ � but all things are tracking in a positive direction at the moment.� ' .......Fingers (and toes) definitely crossed!!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I half agree. I was at the reserves game when AJ returned after his 2nd (or was it 3rd?) reco. We were treated to ten minutes when he bounded up and down the wing looking fantastic and like he'd never been injured before, only to then witness him crumpled in a heap after an innocuous marking contest. It was heart breaking. I'm looking forward to his return but it will be with trepidation, at least until he's gotten all the way through a game or two.

Pushing for Selection

AJ latest

I can't see that this has been covered elsewhere. Apologies if it has.

I heard AJ's knee surgery has gone very well, with no sign of infection. This time he underwent a regular reconstruction using a graft from another ligament. The other times involved an artificial graft, and the thinking is that the infections were really his body rejecting the artificial graft.

If correct, terrific news.

On the Rookie List
    I hope so. If AJ can get back playing like Menzel has I will be so happy for him. Imagine this backline in 2 years. Grundy, Talia, AJ, AA, Smith, Rampe.

Senior Player
    Yes, Menzel, look how well he is going! Who would have thought it. I guess his story does give AJ hope.
    Four years out of the game, I would be quite a story.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, Menzel, look how well he is going! Who would have thought it. I guess his story does give AJ hope.
    Four years out of the game, I would be quite a story.
    Be nearly five years, probably wouldn't play until 2018. Remember how highly we rated AJ in 2012, has been missed, would be massive if he can get well and play again. Hopefully he does and returns for a "debut" at the SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Be nearly five years, probably wouldn't play until 2018. Remember how highly we rated AJ in 2012, has been missed, would be massive if he can get well and play again. Hopefully he does and returns for a "debut" at the SCG.
    It will be a great tribute to perseverance if he can play a competitive match again - even if he doesn't get anywhere near the heights his 2012 suggested he could as a player.

I hope he gets a chance to get back on the field - the roar he will get when he gets announced to the crowd before the game will be worth being there for. I've made a pledge to myself that if (I hope its a case of when) AJ gets back on the field, I will be there for his first game back in seniors, no matter where or when that game is.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Interesting article re Daniel Menzel's support for footy players coming back from knee reconstructions. There is a brief mention of AJ.

"DANIEL Menzel has poured the heartbreak of four knee reconstructions into a new website designed to inspire local footballers sharing his plight."

Geelong�s Daniel Menzel launches website designed to inspire local footballers who have torn their ACL

Senior Player
    There's an older thread here but no surprise you missed it, it's dropped off forum pages 1-3 so is effectively invisible.

AJ Watch

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast