Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

AJ Watch

Sorry, that was a misleading post, I was having trouble with my edit.
    Last edited by Meg; 15th August 2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I reckon there's something in this.
    But if you watch the video it’s not what happened.

AJ’s left foot clipped the back of the other player’s heel which threw him awkwardly on to his right leg causing his right knee to twist.

It wasn’t that he instinctively favoured landing on his right leg - he simply didn’t have an opportunity to put his weight on to his left leg.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Trying again.
    Where'd you see/hear that Meg?

The case for AJ returning:
    It was his "good" leg, which has stood up to AFL/NEAFL for many years. In theory it should be no worse than a player having his first knee reco.

If it was his "bad leg" then it would be career ending, because it would mean the leg is unfixable to survive AFL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I reckon there's something in this.
    You're the Doctor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Where'd you see/hear that Meg?
    Sorry, that was a misleading post, I was having trouble with my edit. Apologies I know no more than anyone else what AJ will do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Sorry, that was a misleading post, I was having trouble with my edit. Apologies I know no more than anyone else what AJ will do next.
    No worries Meg. Hope your post becomes fact!

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    The jumper that AJ wore in the centenary match is only at $550 at the moment. Given that AJ only got to play one full game after having so many years on the sidelines and now IMO it is probable that his career over I thought that it would be going for $1000+ given that people would look back on that individual effort in that game for some time, should this jumper be considered as an important piece of memorabilia?
    Possibly. But it would be better and more appropriate in AJ’s possession than a supporter or memorabilia collector. Shame that the club didn’t give it to him rather than auctioning it off.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    The jumper that AJ wore in the centenary match is only at $550 at the moment. Given that AJ only got to play one full game after having so many years on the sidelines and now IMO it is probable that his career over I thought that it would be going for $1000+ given that people would look back on that individual effort in that game for some time, should this jumper be considered as an important piece of memorabilia?
    Hi SS

Do you have a link the the auction page at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Hi SS

Do you have a link the the auction page at all?
    Hope SS doesn't mind me jumping in but the auction closes 8pm tomorrow if you're interested in participating.

Sydney Swans Online Auctions

A couple of points to add to the general discussion.

Yes, it is "only a knee", and AJ pretty much said that during the interview broadcast during his comeback game. One of the things that kept him going is that he could keep it in perspective and see that he wasn't that badly off really.

Having said that, I think we can cut Nic some slack. He's exhausted from 120 minutes of intense exercise, he hasn't had a chance to stop and process the news, and if his initial reaction was to be overcome with emotion for his teammate then good on him. I'm sure that with a little time and a good night's sleep, he'll be able to look at the bigger picture.

On the subject of knees, goswannies made an excellent post elsewhere. Doing one knee is definitely a key risk factor for doing the other one. It is also a risk factor for doing the same one again. I wouldn't blame AJ for calling it quits, but so much of the decisions around his future depend on information that we don't have access to that all I can do is trust he and the club will make the right choice and wish him all the best.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Possibly. But it would be better and more appropriate in AJ’s possession than a supporter or memorabilia collector. Shame that the club didn’t give it to him rather than auctioning it off.
    I'm pretty sure there would have been two guernseys made (at least) for every player. You know there are spares available as players change when their guernsey gets ripped, and sometimes they'll change into a fresh guernsey at half-time in a very wet or muddy game.

So I am sure that if AJ wanted a guernsey from his comeback game as a memento, one would have been available for him in addition to the one being auctioned off.