Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    No, I didn't say that they are entitled to be over emotional as they don't know any better because of their age... you just said that.
    You're just twisting my words. Get off my back.
    Yeah....

Read my previous posts.
    I have been defending you.

That doesn't mean I'm going to tip toe around you when you contradict yourself.
    I haven't been anywhere near your back....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    I was there.. And was so close to tears myself. My heart broke for the bloke.

It's not just football.
    C'mon Chels!

From Will Hayward's Pocket Profile:

Least-preferred teammate on road trips and why: Nic Newman – always flicks my ear

The modern new age sensitive guy is a very complex animal.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Stop putting words in my mouth.

Yes, it's only footy. After they've finished playing footy, the universe willing, they have another 60 years ahead of them.

The poor bloke damaged his good knee. I'm no expert, or sports doctor, or anything like that, but when I seriously damaged my left ankle 20 years ago, since then, I have ALWAYS preferred my right ankle in situations where I was a little uncertain on my feet, or I had to jump down a distance, and the like. This is what I am assuming AJ is doing when he plays. He felt himself going down and rather than the left knee take the brunt of the fall, he fell on the right.

As to Nic crying... yes, he's his mate... yes, it IS very sad, but again... it's only a knee. Yes, it's sad that he's got to go through this @@@@ all over again... but he's not a paraplegic. He didn't lose a limb in war. He didn't break his neck (although I reckon McHack came very close to it)... it's footy. They are insured specifically for injury.
    There's another 70 years of life ahead of both of them. They're kids, they can't see that.

At no point did I say, nor infer, that Nic was any less of a man because he was crying, that Nic was a "poof" because he was crying. At no point did I deride him. You all did that for me.
    This is the new-age man we all talk about. Someone who is not afraid to show his emotions in public, etc., blah, blah, blah. Get off my back.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise for AJ. Maybe he'll go onto much better, brighter and bigger things. Maybe he'll be governor general one day.
    It is devastating for him, and I wish him only the best.
    Well, that was a lot to write and digest. Would have probably been far easier to just admit you were a bit harsh and we all could have moved on.....never thought I'd see the day when a woman is not impressed with a bloke crying.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The case for AJ returning:
    It was his "good" leg, which has stood up to AFL/NEAFL for many years. In theory it should be no worse than a player having his first knee reco.

If it was his "bad leg" then it would be career ending, because it would mean the leg is unfixable to survive AFL.
    That's how I've been looking at it, so I hope he goes on.....but wouldn't blame him if he chucks it in. It would be sad though......

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Possibly. But it would be better and more appropriate in AJ’s possession than a supporter or memorabilia collector. Shame that the club didn’t give it to him rather than auctioning it off.
    I think the club should withdraw it from the auction and do just that. He deserves that as a trophy to his resilience and success (short lived as it was) of actually making it back.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    .....never thought I'd see the day when a woman is not impressed with a bloke crying.
    Hey Stevo, think maybe you're on a slippery slope with this one man... like I was saying, some people get teary, some don't, it's
    probably not a big KPI in the greater scheme of things.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Ajs Guernsey tracking at a higher price than buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Ajs Guernsey tracking at a higher price than buddy
    It was at $1800 with a few minutes to go. Buddy's was a fraction less.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    It was at $1800 with a few minutes to go. Buddy's was a fraction less.
    Yep, I got it
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well, that was a lot to write and digest. Would have probably been far easier to just admit you were a bit harsh and we all could have moved on.....never thought I'd see the day when a woman is not impressed with a bloke crying.
    I'd be more impressed if he were vacuuming and cleaning the bathrooms.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Yep, I got it
    Nice. I got Juniors. For sentimental reasons more so than an investment. I bought it for my mum. Her dad wore no.12 in the 1918 premiership. I think AJs could turn out to be a good buy in the long run.