Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Pushing for Selection
    Thanks Neil.
    I could have sworn there was an AJ thread but couldn't find it.
    Happy for the mods to shift this over, which is where it should be.

Surely he would have to show signs of recovery and into training this summer to be kept on the list.
    We cant wait forever.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    ... Happy for the mods to shift this over, which is where it should be.
    Done
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Surely he would have to show signs of recovery and into training this summer to be kept on the list.
    We cant wait forever.
    !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    !!!
    Yes, an unpopular opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Normally I'd be a lot more open to sharing that type of opinion, but in this case, the romance of a return is worth it's weight in gold.
    Also what it says about the ideology of the Swans.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veteran Site Admin
    I don't suppose the retention of AJ on the senior list has been entirely out of sentiment. I am making some assumptions here, but not entirely unreasonable ones, given what we've seen. If the club has assessed it's list as

a) being pretty strong, not just at the top but in terms of the potential of a decent number of the untried (and barely tried) players to contribute at senior level;
    b) the value of adding another new player to fill the 38th place on the list being of very marginal value, especially where that player would be a pretty late draft pick;
    c) and having a strong rookie roster with a number of players worthy of promotion within the season

then effectively having a spare spot free to be filled when needed during the season, according to needs and how the rookies develop during the late pre-season and into the early stages of the season, provides a fair degree of flexibility to the list management. Clearly they won't keep on with this situation for too much longer, and they must also really rate AJ's determination and his chances of getting back to top level footy if a graft ever does stay put in his knee, not to mention highly valuing his potential worth to the team if he does get back. No doubt they also really value the work he has been doing around the club while going through his trials - like his work with the academy and the NEAFL side. Keeping him on the list in some shape or form is a way to encourage him to stick around in Sydney.

The emotional impact if he ever does make it back to play senior footy will be huge, but the healthy state of the list has enabled the club to be a little indulgent in sticking with him for so long.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't suppose the retention of AJ on the senior list has been entirely out of sentiment. I am making some assumptions here, but not entirely unreasonable ones, given what we've seen. If the club has assessed it's list as

a) being pretty strong, not just at the top but in terms of the potential of a decent number of the untried (and barely tried) players to contribute at senior level;
    b) the value of adding another new player to fill the 38th place on the list being of very marginal value, especially where that player would be a pretty late draft pick;
    c) and having a strong rookie roster with a number of players worthy of promotion within the season

then effectively having a spare spot free to be filled when needed during the season, according to needs and how the rookies develop during the late pre-season and into the early stages of the season, provides a fair degree of flexibility to the list management. Clearly they won't keep on with this situation for too much longer, and they must also really rate AJ's determination and his chances of getting back to top level footy if a graft ever does stay put in his knee, not to mention highly valuing his potential worth to the team if he does get back. No doubt they also really value the work he has been doing around the club while going through his trials - like his work with the academy and the NEAFL side. Keeping him on the list in some shape or form is a way to encourage him to stick around in Sydney.

The emotional impact if he ever does make it back to play senior footy will be huge, but the healthy state of the list has enabled the club to be a little indulgent in sticking with him for so long.
    Sorry way too insightful - please remove - we wont emotive and reckless responses

Pushing for Selection
    Swans may play safe with Buddy for Tigers clash - AFL.com.au

"The three-time Coleman medallist was on light duties when the team went through it's paces on Tuesday, and was in runners working on stationary ball work with injured teammates Zak Jones (ankle) and Alex Johnson (knee) when Thursday's session was closed to the media."

This suggests that there is no infection, and it is rehab as normal.

Good news, or probably better described as not bad news.

I heard AJ's name mentioned in the Colin O'Riordan situation in Darwin. AJ stayed with Colin for 3 days (visiting in hospital) when the rest of the team returned to Sydney. He must have flown back when the "extraction" team arrived.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    I heard AJ's name mentioned in the Colin O'Riordan situation in Darwin. AJ stayed with Colin for 3 days (visiting in hospital) when the rest of the team returned to Sydney. He must have flown back when the "extraction" team arrived.
    Yes, there's an amusing account of the journey here (just brief AJ mention but worth a read):

Col's All Aussie Adventure - sydneyswans.com.au

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Swans may play safe with Buddy for Tigers clash - AFL.com.au

"The three-time Coleman medallist was on light duties when the team went through it's paces on Tuesday, and was in runners working on stationary ball work with injured teammates Zak Jones (ankle) and Alex Johnson (knee) when Thursday's session was closed to the media."

This suggests that there is no infection, and it is rehab as normal.

Good news, or probably better described as not bad news.
    I WOULD love to see a photo of the three having a jog. Gee I am hoping he can come back next year. Even if he just plays one AFL game. Its been so cruel what has happened to him.

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast