Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Veterans List
    I really feel for these players and their injuries ๐Ÿ˜ž. I will never forget when AJ did his ACL on the MCG and the entire crowd was hushed because we were in shock.

By the way AJ was interviewed on channel 7 yesterday and he said he was surprised that the swans have taken a chance on Menzel after they delisted him. He said he was grateful that the swans stood by him for 6 years and he understood the decision.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That's a great shame for Docherty (and the broader competition).

I could have sworn I read an article about him on the AFL site just a couple of days ago, talking about how he was getting over the mental hurdles of his recovery. The article seems to have been swiftly removed in the wake of today's news. I don't generally believe in karma, but maybe all players should refrain from talking about how well their ACL recoveries are coming along. It's an injury that restrikes at the most cruel of times.
    I don't know anything about the guy ssude from him being a good player, but was saddened to hear that news; it sucks. Go well him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I really feel for these players and their injuries ๐Ÿ˜ž. I will never forget when AJ did his ACL on the MCG and the entire crowd was hushed because we were in shock.

By the way AJ was interviewed on channel 7 yesterday and he said he was surprised that the swans have taken a chance on Menzel after they delisted him. He said he was grateful that the swans stood by him for 6 years and he understood the decision.
    Yeah right. Just so I understand correctly, he was surprised they recruited Menzel (given his ACL history) because they'd just delisted him?

I would have thought there's a fair distinction between Menzel, with demonstrated performance following recovery from an ACL, and AJ, who suffered another ACL in his second game back after 5 years out with an ACL(s) (and is still out with one).

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yeah right. Just so I understand correctly, he was surprised they recruited Menzel (given his ACL history) because they'd just delisted him?

I would have thought there's a fair distinction between Menzel, with demonstrated performance following recovery from an ACL, and AJ, who suffered another ACL in his second game back after 5 years out with an ACL(s) (and is still out with one).
    Sad bit for us is Menzel has picked up a groin injury already
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Sad bit for us is Menzel has picked up a groin injury already
    Where did you hear/read this?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Where did you hear/read this?
    Groin surgery to sideline Swans recruit until February - AFL.com.au

.....but no cortisone injections PLEASE!!!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

I didn't hear this interview, but I wonder if you misheard re Menzel? I heard AJ on SEN a few days back. He was asked the Menzel question and didn't express any surprise about the decision at all - in fact, he seemed very positive and pleased that someone he now considers a friend had been given the opportunity.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

Yes he was surprised that we recruited Menzel because of his injury history after we delisted AJ.

I had the same thoughts as you that the 2 players are different because AJ has just done his ACL again whereas Menzel has been playing for a few years.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I didn't hear this interview, but I wonder if you misheard re Menzel? I heard AJ on SEN a few days back. He was asked the Menzel question and didn't express any surprise about the decision at all - in fact, he seemed very positive and pleased that someone he now considers a friend had been given the opportunity.
    No I heard correctly. Maybe channel 7 did selective editing...It wouldn't surprise me!

He wasn't being bitter and as I mentioned he was very grateful to the swans for supporting him all those years.

Veterans List
    AJ explains the Swans offer and his reasons for choosing to go to Carlton/Northern Blues here:

'More to give': Former Swan lays out his plans for AFL comeback - AFL.com.au

Veterans List
    Possible mid season draftee by the Blues if he gets back to playing?

We have a pick in that draft if we want it, courtesy of Tippo being retired.

Interested in his comments about changes in personnel at the Swans and its impact on his decision. Perhaps the departure of Rhys?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk