Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AJ Watch

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

It sounds very promising. Unfortunately AJ doesn't have any ligament left to work with (if I understand the previous statements about the current status of the knee), so this wouldn't be an option in his case. If I had a fresh ACL rupture, I'd sign up for this procedure. The recovery seems so much better.

I hope he makes it back and is near to what he was as we really will need him to replace Ted.I think the club knows that as well by holding on to him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumarangk View Post
    I hope he makes it back and is near to what he was as we really will need him to replace Ted.I think the club knows that as well by holding on to him.
    The need to replace Ted next year is why we recruited Talia. I'd love to see AJ back to his best, but it's becoming increasingly unlikely

After wandering over to the members' function on Saturday after the game where AJ was interviewed by Adam Spencer, it seems he may be heading down the coaching pathway.

Delisted next year, perhaps and into the arms of the academy tutorial team?

I don't think AJ will ever make it back unfortunately and this is a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by tutulkaku View Post
    AJ has 'already made it back' by playing just 1 game. As far as I am concerned anything more is just icing on the cake.

Harsh to write him off all of 4 games into his return at NEAFL level.

He has been making progress each week, and it will take time. He may never be the same player he was pre-injury, but most have plenty of faith that he will give it his all to return, and given how hard he has worked to achieve what he has so far, I have no doubt he will make it and return to the AFL at some stage (even if it turns out just to be as a fringe player).

His performances have only been so-so since his return, but surely no one honestly expected him to come back 'top notch' and would be writing him off on said basis surely. There have been hallmarks in every game so far of AJ pre injury - one would hope with more time, those will stop being fleeting moments and turn into more consistent performances.

As Yvonne says though - everything from here is icing on in the cake in many ways however. Just to get back on the field after what he has been through is an enormous achievement in itself.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

A tragedy is innocent people losing their lives. If AJ doesn't play seniors again it'll be disappointing for him but he's a Premiership player and has been able to overcome years of knee reconstructions and infections to get back to playing footy. I think that's an incredible outcome.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I'll never, ever, ever forget his Grand Final performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post

You can say that again...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast