Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

I agree with her if he is indeed slightly bitter.
    But heat of the moment and all that....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Very interesting article about AJ hoping to play in 2019:

Why Alex Johnson is confident he can continue AFL career

Luckless defender Alex Johnson is confident he can continue his AFL career, revealing the advice he was given by surgeon Julian Feller after his sixth knee reconstruction.

Last edited by liz; 20th September 2018 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Please don't repost in full content from another site. Just a paragraph or two, plus a link, is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Very interesting article about AJ hoping to play in 2019:

Why Alex Johnson is confident he can continue AFL career

Luckless defender Alex Johnson is confident he can continue his AFL career, revealing the advice he was given by surgeon Julian Feller after his sixth knee reconstruction.

I’ll be spewin if he comes back successfully at another club

After you delist a player can you then rookie them?

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Yes. It happens all the time, but don't ask me to provide examples because I'm too lazy to do the research.

On your point, we should have 4 spots on our rookie list if we cut Styles and Pink, which I think we should. We don't have great academy players screaming to be drafted. I wouldn't mind giving him 1 more year if we don't have a need for that last spot on our list, if he's not taken before by another club.

After learning that Tyson Goldsack, who uses the same surgeon as AJ, came back after 6 months, I've had a rethink on the possibility of AJ making a comeback by mid season. For some reason, AFL players have had typically much longer rehabs than other football codes. Julian Feller is trying to close the gap, and he has 1 success case in Goldsack.

I can understand the Swans point of view as well. We have 3 KPDs in Melican, Aliir and Maibaum, who are younger and should be given priority to AJ, who would have a tough time pushing his way past these guys to win a spot in the side.

Johnson to GWS feels right. He can stay in Sydney, and if it works out, GWS will have a Shaw replacement.
    They are in the premiership window, and can take a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    That’s exactly what we did with AJ last year. We had carried him on the senior list ever since his original injury in 2013. Then we delisted him end 2017 season and redrafted as a rookie. I’m confident the changed rules re rookies playing in senior team facilitated that decision.

The big difference this time is that (I think) Swans told AJ that was the intent when he was delisted. I recall Alex saying he was nervous during the draft that another club might take him before the rookie draft.

This time it seems the Swans have given no such assurance. In fact rather the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I’ll be spewin if he comes back successfully at another club
    I can't imagine which AFL club would put him on their list... Other than the Swans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I can't imagine which AFL club would put him on their list... Other than the Swans
    Gold Coast rookie

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Gold Coast rookie
    Yep - considering where they are and the Dew connection they may take a punt....particularly if they lose May.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Now I’m going to contradict myself. I wonder if Rhyce Shaw might find a spot for him at North?

Someone explain this to me. Having turned down exactly such a role at the Swans, AJ may take an off-field role at another club, such as North Melbourne

Category: | Herald Sun

The six-time ACL victim will meet with multiple clubs including North Melbourne in coming weeks but to discuss an off-field role in development of welfare.

He has made it clear he wants to play at an AFL clubs next year but to be honest that is an extreme longshot.

What could be more likely is that he rehabs his knee while working at a club next year and then if all goes well gets onto a rookie list for the 2020 season.