Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

AJ Watch

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

It sounds very promising. Unfortunately AJ doesn't have any ligament left to work with (if I understand the previous statements about the current status of the knee), so this wouldn't be an option in his case. If I had a fresh ACL rupture, I'd sign up for this procedure. The recovery seems so much better.

I hope he makes it back and is near to what he was as we really will need him to replace Ted.I think the club knows that as well by holding on to him.

After wandering over to the members' function on Saturday after the game where AJ was interviewed by Adam Spencer, it seems he may be heading down the coaching pathway.

Delisted next year, perhaps and into the arms of the academy tutorial team?

I don't think AJ will ever make it back unfortunately and this is a tragedy.

I'll never, ever, ever forget his Grand Final performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post

You can say that again...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumarangk View Post
    I hope he makes it back and is near to what he was as we really will need him to replace Ted.I think the club knows that as well by holding on to him.
    The need to replace Ted next year is why we recruited Talia. I'd love to see AJ back to his best, but it's becoming increasingly unlikely

If he doesn't make it back (please make it happen) I hope he goes into coaching (with us) as he has such a positive outlook and he will still be involved in the game he loves.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    If he doesn't make it back (please make it happen) I hope he goes into coaching (with us) as he has such a positive outlook and he will still be involved in the game he loves.
    He's very active in mentoring the ressies. On Saturday he spoke to the backline group at the intervals. Not sure if it is in an official capacity now, but hopefully it's an apprenticeship for the real thing if his knee situation goes further south, if that's even possible, he can surely see the south pole by now.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Last thing I want is for AJ to be given a coaching role for any otehr reason than he is the best person available.
    The club have stood by him and dome everything right by him, and if he has aspirations to coach, then there's no reason why the Swans shouldn't explore that possibility with him, but just because he played for the Swans shouldn't sway any potential job offer in that area.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Last thing I want is for AJ to be given a coaching role for any otehr reason than he is the best person available.
    The club have stood by him and dome everything right by him, and if he has aspirations to coach, then there's no reason why the Swans shouldn't explore that possibility with him, but just because he played for the Swans shouldn't sway any potential job offer in that area.
    Agreed. Last thing we need is another Nathan Buckley or Michael Voss.

On that note, Brett Kirk is a frickin champion. A former player that's not only a good leader onfield but a good leader off it seems. In 2002 I would have never guessed the influence the guy has had on our club.

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast