Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 181 to 191 of 191

Thread: AJ Watch

  1. #181
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    2,423
    I hate this thread getting bumped, I always think it's going to be bad news. I understood that he wasn't back to full contact training yet so no way he fronts at NEAFL until he's done a few weeks of full training. No rush to get him back, slowly back into NEAFL this year then a full preseason under his belt and take it from there.

    Good luck to AJ whenever it is that he does run out for his first game, will we make it an SCG curtain raiser like June 23 or July 8 or will we opt for a low key return away from home? How he goes in full training will decide.

  2. #182
    Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Posts
    2,250
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I hate this thread getting bumped, I always think it's going to be bad news. I understood that he wasn't back to full contact training yet so no way he fronts at NEAFL until he's done a few weeks of full training. No rush to get him back, slowly back into NEAFL this year then a full preseason under his belt and take it from there.

    Good luck to AJ whenever it is that he does run out for his first game, will we make it an SCG curtain raiser like June 23 or July 8 or will we opt for a low key return away from home? How he goes in full training will decide.
    You should start assuming good news because it's all been good news for AJ for a while now.

    In an article discussing contract talks with Reid and Jones, there was a small snippet about AJ:

    Swans in positive talks with out-of-contract Jones and Reid
    Head of football Tom Harley said ... defender Alex Johnson was still on track to make his long-awaited return to action before the end of this season – having not played since the 2012 Grand Final due to five knee reconstructions.
    Progress may be a little slower than we would like - it has taken nearly five years - but there's been nothing but good news lately for AJ. Fingers crossed he makes it back this year.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

  3. #183
    It will be a great day when he runs out again in the NEAFL. Maybe a highlight of an otherwise forgettable season? Imagine if he can make a comeback to senior footy like Menzel at Geelong?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #184
    Clubman bloodspirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sydney's eastside
    Posts
    984
    We've had an excellent NEAFL season, Aprilbr! We're currently sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

    I think it is very likely that AJ's first senior AFL match back (if it happens and whether this year or next) will be at the SCG. I think that will be done on purpose, not only but especially for marketing reasons.

  5. #185
    Any news? At all?

  6. #186
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,206
    AJ will be running water for the reserves tonight (along with Aliir) as a form of extra conditioning

  7. #187
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    2,423
    Please stop bumping this thread, I always get nervous it will be bad news!

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    AJ will be running water for the reserves tonight (along with Aliir) as a form of extra conditioning
    How can Aliir be running? Hasn't he got a bad knee?

  9. #189
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    12,341
    Not sure where "running water" came from. They were both acting as proper runners. AA, in particular, looked dashing decked out in baby pink. AJ looked a bit hampered in his running. I suspect we'll be waiting a couple of months yet before we see him ready to play.

  10. #190
    Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Posts
    2,250
    AJ was interviewed at half time in the TV coverage. He's back in full training and he expects to resume playing in the reserves "in the next few weeks".
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    AJ was interviewed at half time in the TV coverage. He's back in full training and he expects to resume playing in the reserves "in the next few weeks".
    Any chance we will get to see the interview on our website?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO