Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: AJ Watch

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Interested in his comments about changes in personnel at the Swans and its impact on his decision. Perhaps the departure of Rhys?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Yes Shaw is one and I think he was close with Newman.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes Shaw is one and I think he was close with Newman.
    Definitely close to Newman, who is of course also at Carlton now
    Attachment 2217

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Definitely close to Newman, who is of course also at Carlton now
    Attachment 2217
    .....where Shaw isn't.

AJ playing VFL this weekend!

“Luckless former Sydney Swans defender Alex Johnson is in line to make his VFL debut after being named in the Northern Blues’ squad to face Coburg on Sunday.

The 27-year-old joined the Blues this year in a dual role of head of development and as a player this year.“

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    AJ playing VFL this weekend!

“Luckless former Sydney Swans defender Alex Johnson is in line to make his VFL debut after being named in the Northern Blues’ squad to face Coburg on Sunday.

The 27-year-old joined the Blues this year in a dual role of head of development and as a player this year.“
    That's a remarkably swift return from a knee reco. He injured his knee in mid-August last year, a tad under 10 months ago. I think any player is taking a risk trying to return so soon, but especially one with his history. Or maybe he had a LARS - does anyone know?

AJ is making his VFL debut this weekend for the Northern Blues
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I think it was a traditional reconstruction done by Julian Feller, who did AJ's one previous successful reconstruction, and also got Tyson Goldsack back very fast

Alex Johnson vows to keep AFL dream alive despite six knee reconstructions | Sporting News Australia

After his latest setback, Johnson put his damaged knee in the hands of surgeon Julian Feller, who is the AFL's key man when it comes to knee reconstructions.

Feller waved his magic wand over Collingwood's Tyson Goldsack, who made a remarkable return for Collingwood's first final against West Coast - just six months after he busted his knee in March.

The surgeon reconstructed Goldsack's knee using a graft from his quad, and after some gritty rehab, the Pies defender returned to give his side a much-needed boost for their finals campaign.

Considering the short time frame required for Goldsack's return, and Feller's own confidence, Johnson believes he remains every chance to recover and be picked up by another club.

"I've got a really good relationship with Julian now, he has done the last couple of ACL reconstructions on me," Johnson told SEN on Thursday morning.

"He was really honest with me and he said, 'what do you want to do?'.

"I said, 'what do you think I should do? I would love to continue playing footy'.

"He said, 'yeah I think you should'.

"I back myself to get back and contribute for the majority of 2019. I'd love to be playing early rounds of 2019."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    AJ is making his VFL debut this weekend for the Northern Blues
    I gotta say I admire this bloke. He will just not give up.

Wishing AJ the very best. He deserves a break from the footy Gods. Hope he succeeds in his return.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Wishing AJ the very best. He deserves a break from the footy Gods. Hope he succeeds in his return.
    He will automatically become my favourite non-swans player if he returns. (assuming Swans dont redraft him)

Mentally tough as old ebony wood .

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Here's hoping the luck goes his way for once. Onya AJ!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)