Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 45

Thread: Bye week

  1. #13
    During the bye, I usually spend my time praying to the Gods that Hawthorn get walloped. I have a voodoo doll I put pins in for good measure.

  2. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Flying to New York tomorrow morning for a week with my wife. Six Yankees games to chose from. And we won last week. Heaven!
    Go the Jays!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I like 4:10 sunday games. A nice way to finish off the weekend.

    Those of us with the giants as a 2nd team don't get a bye.
    Hahaha! I'd go to the game if I wasn't taking my son to his U19s game.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  3. #15
    It's Goodes to cheer!! Site Admin ScottH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Master of the house, keeper of the zoo
    Posts
    23,589
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Im enjoying the bye reading the melts from hawthorn supporters after an allegation was made that their salary cap is being investigated. A lot of them are deflecting by using COLA and trying to claim Sydney is the cheat here.

    Would suck if they did find they were rorting the cap, that would make 2 grand finals lost to teams breaking the rules, that sucks.
    Now that would be a funny turn of events, if true!!

  4. #16
    @Kilroy, where did you hear about the allegation?

  5. #17
    scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    peaches eaten, trousers rolled
    Posts
    9,369
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks to the wonders of the modern world, even though the Swans have a bye I think I might go see a game of footy this weekend! I would say it'd be AFL level, but Carlton are playing.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

  6. #18
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Portland, Vic. ex Geelong
    Posts
    247
    I'm interested to know if the Players actually get time off "work" during the bye period, or is it a case of a lighter work-load for a few days.

  7. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Thanks to the wonders of the modern world, even though the Swans have a bye I think I might go see a game of footy this weekend! I would say it'd be AFL level, but Carlton are playing.
    Shall we have a match day thread ?

  8. #20
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    5,826
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Shall we have a match day thread ?
    Do you mean like Kilroy v. AnnieH ?

  9. #21
    Veterans List aardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,143
    We could invite back special guest posters for one week only. Matt 80, Kirkys socks, ect ect....

  10. #22
    Senior Player Doctor J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Between Cities
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Flying to New York tomorrow morning for a week with my wife. Six Yankees games to chose from. And we won last week. Heaven!
    Yankees!!! Have they got above 500 yet this season??
    I guess tickets are easy to come by this year seeing as their overpriced roster is performing like crap at the moment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Thanks to the wonders of the modern world, even though the Swans have a bye I think I might go see a game of footy this weekend! I would say it'd be AFL level, but Carlton are playing.
    Brilliant

  11. #23
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Im enjoying the bye reading the melts from hawthorn supporters after an allegation was made that their salary cap is being investigated. A lot of them are deflecting by using COLA and trying to claim Sydney is the cheat here.

    Would suck if they did find they were rorting the cap, that would make 2 grand finals lost to teams breaking the rules, that sucks.
    Do you have a link to where these Hawks fans having a meltdown? I would so love to read it.

  12. #24
    Suspended by the MRP
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Do you have a link to where these Hawks fans having a meltdown? I would so love to read it.
    Facebook, Bigfooty and reddit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO