Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wonder why the Swans didn't enter a women's team

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Link?
    More watched women's footy on TV than Bombers' demise

Bombers, lol
    It's just a fascination with something new.
    Personally I don't think it will last and in financially nonviable.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

That's the only one I could find too. However, if you read the very first line

The AFL and Seven Sport have hailed the first live broadcast of a women's AFL game as a raging success after ratings were released on Monday.
    It shows it was the first game ever on tv. You also said a couple of womens games have outrated the mens. Any link to a second or third games ratings? I literally can't find any other games bar the first....

What a waste of time.
    No one is interested in women's footy.
    I give it one season.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

That's the only one I could find too. However, if you read the very first line

It shows it was the first game ever on tv. You also said a couple of womens games have outrated the mens. Any link to a second or third games ratings? I literally can't find any other games bar the first....
    I'm certain I've read that one of the games this year on Fox Footy - Melbourne vs Brisbane - did better than the men's that followed.

But I can't find any article supporting that. I'll keep looking!

Please do. I'd be shocked to see any sort of regular half decent tv ratings. Media week twitter usually post everything sport, nothing on there from what I can see.

Mediaweek (@MediaweekAUS) | Twitter or my twitter searches.

Granted, I haven't ever seen a decent level of womens afl. But I watched about 10 minutes of the sydneyafl v canberraafl womens rep game. Lets just say 10 minutes will be the total time I will ever watch of that.

Granted, I haven't ever seen a decent level of womens afl. But I watched about 10 minutes of the sydneyafl v canberraafl womens rep game. Lets just say 10 minutes will be the total time I will ever watch of that.
    To be fair to that game, the best 30 players in NSW/ACT were ineligible to play, so it's not reflective of where the game is at.

Please do. I'd be shocked to see any sort of regular half decent tv ratings. Media week twitter usually post everything sport, nothing on there from what I can see.

Mediaweek (@MediaweekAUS) | Twitter or my twitter searches.

Good on you Saviour. Mediaweek posts everything sport. I've just had a look. Last few posts are Game of Thrones, wolf Creek, Election special (Politics a sport, so I will give you that one), Nine entertainment, good food, Masterchef etc. Oh, there was a mention of Collingwood just before an SBS show. You asked CKunde for a link and he gave you one, then you asked for more..

You really should watch some top level girls footy. If Sydney Uni's Jen Lew tackled you, I suspect they would be calling for a stretcher.

Does it not post every sport ratings? Just because it posts other things, doesn't mean it doesn't post all sports ratings. AFL, League, union, soccer, tennis, golf, motorsport, think I've even seen some ufc ratings on there before.

CKundle said a couple of games had outrated the mens, then could only show the first ever game in 2015 and nothing since. I don't doubt the first ever game got half decent ratings (300k nationally is half decent I guess). Sorry if when someone says a couple I expected it to be more than the first ever.

Doubt it, 20 odd years as a rugby league front rower have copped my fair share of hits.

CKundle said a couple of games had outrated the mens, then could only show the first ever game in 2015 and nothing since. I don't doubt the first ever game got half decent ratings (300k nationally is half decent I guess). Sorry if when someone says a couple I expected it to be more than the first ever.

Doubt it, 20 odd years as a rugby league front rower have copped my fair share of hits.
    In fact, CKunde (There isn't an "l" there) mentioned there were a "couple". You asked for the link and he sent you one. Then you asked for two more.

Three is more than a couple. Too many knocks from league?? Hope you don't teach maths.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    In fact, CKunde (There isn't an "l" there) mentioned there were a "couple". You asked for the link and he sent you one. Then you asked for two more.

Three is more than a couple. Too many knocks from league?? Hope you don't teach maths.
    Indeed. I asked for a link to a couple of games like he said. He gave one game. I asked " Any link to a second or third games ratings? I literally can't find any other games bar the first...." I was hoping to see something showing that it was fairly popular but all that can be found is the first game ever on tv. Wonder why nothing else has been published? What channel is it shown on and what days?

But either way happy to concede, womens afl is way more popular than mens afl. Happy?
    Last edited by saviour01; 30th June 2016 at 11:13 PM.

Ok, I was bored. Can't find any info on which womens games are televised so will try to find them all.

Round 1 -

Melbourne 3.3 (21) def. by Western Bulldogs 6.5 (41) FTA - not in top 20 < 322k. STV - not in top 20 < 74k Sunday 6 March 2016 � TV Tonight

SA Blue 5.4 (34) d SA Red 5.2 (32) FTA - Not in top 20 < 224k STV - Not in top 20 <50k Saturday 2 April 2016 � TV Tonight

Sydney Swans 9.8 (62) d GWS Giants 5.3 (33) FTA - Not in top 20 < 265k STV - Not in top 20 < 55k Saturday 9 April 2016 � TV Tonight

Northern Territory 13.11 (89) d Tasmania 7.11 (53) FTA - Not in top 20 < 278k STV - Not in top 20 < 47k Sunday 10 April 2016 � TV Tonight

Brisbane Lions 5.8 (38) d GCFC 3.6 (24) FTA - Not in top 20 < 284k STV - Not in top 20 < 52k Sunday 17 April 2016 � TV Tonight

Round 2 -

Melbourne 14.7 (91) d Brisbane Lions 3.2 (20) FTA - Not in top 20 < 313k STV - Not in top 20 < 47k Sunday 22 May 2016 � TV Tonight

Western Bulldogs 8.5 (53) d Western Australia 5.10 (40) FTA - Not in top 20 < 310k STV - Not in top 20 < 49k Sunday 5 June 2016 � TV Tonight

South Australia 4.3 (27) d NSW/ACT 3.7 (25) FTA - Not in top 20 < 284k STV - Not in top 20 < 52k Same as above

So literally not 1 womens game this year rated in the top 20 of the day (shows like judge judy, peppa pig, family fued etc did). Would love to see some ratings if you can find any.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast