Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Rohan

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    & goes to Collingwood? That'd be yet another reason for me to hate the Pies!
    When Barry jumped ship years ago, he initially went to Carlton, then Collingwood.
    Chip off the old block?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Towers for Daniel McStay of Brisbane would be a good swap and beneficial to all parties.

Towers could have a breakout run from now on and hold his spot through the finals although he hasn't shown the ability to string more than 1 or 2 good games together. 3 important games coming up and good opportunity to show his worth.
    I like Towers but I think that Brisbane would be a really good destination for him. I'd think we'd probably need to offer something else even if it was just a swap of our second rounder for their third rounder or throwing in our third round pick which we probably won't use this year but which they may use for academy points

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    When Barry jumped ship years ago, he initially went to Carlton, then Collingwood.
    Chip off the old block?
    I think you'll find Barry joined Collingwood from the Swans in 1993, and then the following year went to Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I like Towers but I think that Brisbane would be a really good destination for him. I'd think we'd probably need to offer something else even if it was just a swap of our second rounder for their third rounder or throwing in our third round pick which we probably won't use this year but which they may use for academy points
    I see McStay a bit like Towers, not in how they play, but how they've both performed below expectations. Towers was a pick 22 and McStay a pick 25 in the following year. Brisbane have added some good KPP prospects in recent years and will get tall utility academy player Jacob Allison, rated a 1st round prospect, this draft. McStay is not an automatic pick for a fairly weak Brisbane team. I was hoping that he could improve with our superior development program and is probably a good positional swap for both parties. Just speculation, but something that I would be looking at if I were the Swans list manager.

Blog Entries
    I don't like the idea of having McStay and McVeigh in the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    You want McVeigh to McWay for McStay?

Blog Entries

McYes

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Do we make a play for Jack Macrae?

Veterans List
    I see Gary looks like he's going nowhere.......this today on afl.com.au: Speedster Rohan quick to rubbish talk of leaving Swans - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I see Gary looks like he's going nowhere.......this today on afl.com.au: Speedster Rohan quick to rubbish talk of leaving Swans - AFL.com.au
    I'd be very surprised if he was to leave and I doubt we'd get an offer to good to refuse, it would be an opportunistic move by the Cats and I couldn't see us getting more than a second rounder.

Veterans List
    Yes, happily it now seems a moot point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast