Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Rnd 15 MDT Sydney V Western Bulldogs. SCG 16.35pm

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I had go on the AFL predictor a few times and ended up with us finishing either fourth or second but every time GWS was on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Never sold on Nankervis; if you are not fast and or have a tank you can't be a ruckman.

Love the guy but never saw the reasoning behind recruiting him in the first place.

Sinclair is very young and this experience will improve him no ends.
    I think they both look like footballers. They do seem to be in the right spot on the field at the right times but just don't have the experience to make the most of that positioning.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I had go on the AFL predictor a few times and ended up with us finishing either fourth or second but every time GWS was on top.

I think they both look like footballers. They do seem to be in the right spot on the field at the right times but just don't have the experience to make the most of that positioning.
    Nankervis is always going to be hamstrung by being a dinosaur type ruckman at a time where the game appears to be rapidly moving past that style of football. Would of been a potential 200+ gamer if he was born 20 years earlier, but I just can't see it now.

Sinclair really does appear to be an almost player. He is not particularly young in terms of his age, but is still relatively inexperienced.

What is clear is that we need a lot more around the ground from whatever rucks we have in the team to have any hope against the Cats and Hawks.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Is it just me, or does Callum S look like he needs to be wearing a stack hat when he's running.
    It must be so hard being that tall.
    Sinclair will come about... he just needs more time.
    I'd like to see the 2s ruckman stand a little taller.
    We need them.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Sinclair is nearly 27. Not sure where this sudden improvement is going to come from. Just a battler.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Suspended by the MRP
    Yeah I dont think at 27 he needs more time, he should be primed as a ruckman by now. He just isnt that good, has a lot of drive and heart but skills wise he lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Sinclair is nearly 27. Not sure where this sudden improvement is going to come from. Just a battler.
    Yeah, I know.
    He hasn't really had that much game time... was he second or third string to NicNat?
    The pressure is on him now to perform.
    We really, really, really need him.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Seems to me that Sinclair does a couple of handy things, but is not up to scratch.
    If he's on a low salary, will be useful as a last resort back-up.
    (Surely Derickx has to go.)

I would rank our Ruck-Forward players as follows: Tippett, Naismith, Nankervis
    And would rank our Forward-Relief Ruck players as follows: Reid, Sinclair, Davis

We could go with a Tippett-Naismith as our first choice combo because both offer a lot as forwards and around the ground.

The problem we have now is that our best players in both categories are injured and our second best ruckman has not yet been deemed ready to play, so we've been playing our 4th and 5th options to cover these 2 positions.

The Dogs were missing 2 of their best players in Murphy and Dahlhaus, so injury is not an excuse for the loss. They just took their opportunities when they came and kicked a few goals out of nothing. We, on the other hand, had many good goal scoring opportunities that we let slip by. That and some mental errors cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I am intrigued about the OOB decision when Sinclair appeared to take a single grab inside the line before crossing it. Can't tell from the replay. Did anyone at the ground see it because I thought that actually changed the trend at the time?
    Unfortunately he clearly juggled it....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yeah, I know.
    He hasn't really had that much game time... was he second or third string to NicNat?
    The pressure is on him now to perform.
    We really, really, really need him.
    He ended up being 2nd string last year. Lycett started in the role and Sinclair was able to overtake him.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    The ironic thing about Lloyd not being able to find anybody running to space to provide a get out target in the dying stages, is that Lloyd is usually that guy.

Fosdike was the master of gut running to space and provided a get out for the likes of Leo and Tadhg. Lloyd does a similar job...
    I was sitting right behind Lloyd at that play, he clearly chose against (an admittedly tough) pass to Hewitt in the centre to screw blind across his shoulders. It was a poor choice. What made it (and the choices of many of his team-mates in those final seconds) look so ghastly was how well drilled Daniel/Bont/Johanssen were in comparison.

Love how well our youngsters have played this year and the effort all season has been tremendous - but there's a part of me not keen to see us make the GF this year as our efforts under pressure this season suggest we'll be smashed.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617