Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd 16 v Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Laidler finished last week's game on the bench and was noticeably limping when he walked out to take part in the customary handshakes at the end. I assume his troublesome knee flared up again during the match. So with only a 6-day turnaround I suspect he must be in doubt.
    He'd fallen awkwardly on his hip.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Anyone who thinks Naismith is up to AFL standard is dreamin!

Ins. Ted and Paps
    Outs. McGlynn Heeney
    Naismith could not be any worse than Nankervis - who is slow, can't kick and is not hard enough at the footy

Ins : Papley, Naismith

Out: Nankervis. McGlynn

Plus if the selection committee feel brave enough - out Heaney, in Newman (with Mills going forward to give us some marking ability up forward)

With all the Geelong talls we will struggle to cover them.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    He'd fallen awkwardly on his hip.
    Thanks. So it might have been only bruising which would probably mean Laidler will be ok for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Naismith could not be any worse than Nankervis - who is slow, can't kick and is not hard enough at the footy
    I think you'll find he can be a lot worse. Was it Richmond he played against where he was done by half time?

Nanko got picked not just for one game but to combat 6 weeks of games and maybe finals
    Once tippo was injured he wAs the right choice and he will rebound this week

Naismith is not ready yet and especially for the next two games me thinks

Sinclair is going worse than Nank in my view.

That game was two years ago Aardvark. Surely his tank has improved since.

Veterans List
    Mitch Clarke a likely in for Geelong this week meaning even more tall forwards to mind.

So many things against us this week but Papley must come in and I'd make it McGlynn out, been giving us little. Heeney must be on the verge of getting dropped, goals dried up, not many possessions in recent games.

Towers has put together two good games, hopefully he has found the confidence to now go on with it and stay in the team, he adds something a bit different.

Tippett out is really hurting us, whatever his contract is, now showing he's worth every dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Sinclair is going worse than Nank in my view.

That game was two years ago Aardvark. Surely his tank has improved since.
    You'd hope so but he's spent most of the last 2 years injured so it's unlikely. Still we'll see if he gets selected.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I'm surprised this thread didn't already exist...
    WE're probably all too down after the swans let us down again.

Be interesting to see if Aliir gets the nod over Teddy. His form has been better but against Geelong its definitely safer to go with Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Nanko got picked not just for one game but to combat 6 weeks of games and maybe finals
    Once tippo was injured he wAs the right choice and he will rebound this week

Naismith is not ready yet and especially for the next two games me thinks
    Why would you come to this opinion? Naismith is 2 years older than Nankervis. He missed a few of the early reserves games due to a hand injury, but it didn't stop him from running at training. He has now played 9 consecutive NEAFL games. He has been our best ruckman in the reserves this year.

I think our best ruck combination is Naismith and Tippett, and if they are both fit, these are the ones I would go into finals with. I think it will be the best ruck combo in the league. Tippett's out, but we can start the process by getting Naismith into the side right now.

A slow physical ruckman like Nankervis takes years to develop into a 'Mummy.' I think he will be okay in a few years time. I also questioned the wisdom of drafting him mainly because he was clearly years from developing into a good AFL ruckman, but it seemed that we panicked into adding ruckmen in the 2013 post season.

Sinclair needs to show a lot more if he wants to be anything more than a depth player. He simply drops too many marks and is not a 1st ruckman. He's a tall forward who can do relief ruck work, but we have many better options, like Reid and probably Davis. Even Aliir would be preferable as a forward - ruck.

As for my other recommended changes, Papley is a straight swap for McGlynn. He's just a better small forward option. Aliir is in because we need more height against a team that is probably the tallest in the league. In my mind Davis has done enough to get a game. He will play a big part in our future. You never know if a player is truly ready until they play, but Davis is such a natural footballer, I would give him a go. His football instincts are much better than Sinclair's and if there's a marking contest, I'd put my money on Davis taking the mark.

Out: Mcglynn, Nankervis
    In: Papley, Naismith.

I was very disappointed in McGlynn - his form has been only so so in recent weeks, and he was barely in the game on Saturday. If papley is ok to go (noting he didn't play 4 quarters of the ressies), I would bring him in for McGlynn. I certainly think Rose deserves to hold his place before McGlynn on recent form.

As for the ruck division, they were nothing but a disaster around the ground on Saturday, and will get murdered around the ground against Geelong. So with that in mind, I'd pick Naismith and give him a go. I think Sinclair is just in front of Nankervis for keeping his place, but wouldn't be unhappy with either going out - we couldn't be any more useless around the ground then they were on Saturday. 1 Mark on a perfect afternoon for footy from 2 big ruckman says a lot to me.

I'd like Teddy back in the team for his leadership, but not sure at who's expense.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast