Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd16 MDT. Geelong V Sydney. 19.50 pm at SS.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The backline is beyond belief. Rampe in particular. I hate to say it but Towers has been good in his own mad bad crazy way. It'd be nice if Sinclair did something

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Hewitt is the best set shot in the club
    Good call. Anywhere within 35-40m he never misses. Great action.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd be nice if Sinclair did something
    Yep, we're almost playing a man short with him in. I had high hopes, but I'm almost ready to call it....

Veterans List
    If only, if only Hanners didn't turn it over so much.

Veteran Site Admin
    High quality, high pressure game and couldn't be prouder of how the team is standing up and fighting back. Still a bit wasteful with hurried kicks but the whole team is playing like men possessed. Rampe's been brilliant, but the kids are the real highlight. How different is Naismith from the nervous Nellie in his first AFL game back in 2014? Aliir's playing with a confidence that was lacking a shorter time ago, against Brisbane. Mills is just a marvel for a kid so young and inexperienced, while Papley, Hewitt and Rose are doing their best to keep the pressure up.

You're never quite sure what you're going to get with either Rohan or Towers but love the way they're getting involved and trying to use their pace. Don't care if they get pinged occasionally for HTB when they're trying to take a few risks and create.

The only mistake that you can be really critical of was Mitchell's blunder in the first quarter but he's been very busy around the contests since and has more than made amends.

Veterans List
    Agree about Rampe he has been amazing.

Great fight back that quarter...we seemed to fix up our forward set up for now.

Who was on Dangerfield that quarter? He did a great job.

Still don't know why Richards was selected to play up forward.

I'm loving Aliir's composure...I don't have heart attacks like when Deano or Jones have it!!

Veterans List
    The backline is beyond belief. Rampe in particular. I hate to say it but Towers has been good in his own mad bad crazy way. It'd be nice if Sinclair did something
    Mills has been tidy.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Rampe is having a blinder!!
    Must be in AA contention

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Who was on Dangerfield that quarter? He did a great job.
    Pretty sure it was Parker since they showed him starting on him at the start of the second quarter.

Backline has been playing well tonight. And with Rampe, Aliir, Jones and Mills, we have the making of a very, very good future defence. Really have liked the look of Aliir lately. Reads the ball well, deceptively quick, makes rapid and sound decisions, and usually hits a target.

Opti-pessi-misti
    What is wrong with Sinclair! He showed such promise at the beginning of the season but now ......

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Pretty sure it was Parker since they showed him starting on him at the start of the second quarter.
    I think a few players had a turn: Parker, Kennedy and Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    High quality, high pressure game and couldn't be prouder of how the team is standing up and fighting back. Still a bit wasteful with hurried kicks but the whole team is playing like men possessed. Rampe's been brilliant, but the kids are the real highlight. How different is Naismith from the nervous Nellie in his first AFL game back in 2014? Aliir's playing with a confidence that was lacking a shorter time ago, against Brisbane. Mills is just a marvel for a kid so young and inexperienced, while Papley, Hewitt and Rose are doing their best to keep the pressure up.

You're never quite sure what you're going to get with either Rohan or Towers but love the way they're getting involved and trying to use their pace. Don't care if they get pinged occasionally for HTB when they're trying to take a few risks and create.

The only mistake that you can be really critical of was Mitchell's blunder in the first quarter but he's been very busy around the contests since and has more than made amends.
    +1 to this Liz - I was just going to make a comment about how proud I am about how the team is standing up, despite a pretty awful week around the club and fighting back. Even if we get beat tonight, I'm very happy with what they've done in the first half.

Its sensational to see just what the kids can do for us - while we have some top names in our team with bucketloads of experience, the younger guys are more than pulling their weight.

And is this the night we mark the passing of the baton from Ted to Allir? So impressed with him playing with some confidence.

And as for Mills - just how good will he be if he is that good already. A gem with a footy brain years older than his tender years.

We may well fade and not win the game, but so happy with what we've done so far - the future at our club is bright indeed!

Come on Swannies - same again in the 2nd half please - same effort and you will get a famous victory!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast