Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Rnd16 MDT. Geelong V Sydney. 19.50 pm at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Some supporters aren't so good with irony. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind seeing Georgie remove that tactic from his game.
    I pointed this out a week or two ago on here and a few people attacked me about it, but he definitely plays for high tackles. Not a great look but doesnt seem like many have picked up on it yet

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Yes Geelong were certainly supportive but I don't think they were the only club. Both Richmond and Footscray were great as well (Bob Murphy was fantastic). Adelaide also, and Ross Lyon (though a shame that the team he coaches seems to attract the worst breed of bogan fans).
    But when it came for the club and the fans as a collective to actually take a stand, Geelong was the only team who did.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I pointed this out a week or two ago on here and a few people attacked me about it, but he definitely plays for high tackles. Not a great look but doesnt seem like many have picked up on it yet
    His first instinct it seems is to look for contact (inside F50) whereas JPK Hannebery and others look to get their arms free to handball. I think he's kicked 10 goals? from set shots atleast half are from free kicks for high contact

When is the Rising star nomination announced for this week? Have a annoying feeling they might give it to Eric Hipwood from Brisbane kicked 4 goals this week

I am glad that nobody here has started a Kieran Jack thread but just watching the last quarter again, gee there is something about Brandon at the moment that almost makes me want to cry. He seems such a sensitive kid and he just looked very sad in the rooms when he joined. Kieran is a bit older and maybe a bit tougher emotionally and better equipped to deal with this situation which I must say doesn't seem like it will be resolved anytime soon if at all.

I know he has been getting some good reviews in the twos but it could be why the Swans have kept him the twos. He's in good hands at the Swans and I'm sure he's getting all the support he needs in what sounds like a terrible family dynamic...

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I am glad that nobody here has started a Kieran Jack thread but just watching the last quarter again, gee there is something about Brandon at the moment that almost makes me want to cry. He seems such a sensitive kid and he just looked very sad in the rooms when he joined. Kieran is a bit older and maybe a bit tougher emotionally and better equipped to deal with this situation which I must say doesn't seem like it will be resolved anytime soon if at all.
    Yeah I noticed it and was really happy the club allowed him to travel down. He was also next to his brothers GF.

Brandon is a millennial, a lot of millennials seem to be a lot more aware about their emotions than previous generations. He is also pretty switched on for a footballer.

I know he has been getting some good reviews in the twos but it could be why the Swans have kept him the twos. He's in good hands at the Swans and I'm sure he's getting all the support he needs in what sounds like a terrible family dynamic...
    I am sure Brandons ideals clash a lot with his fathers old world views. As much as I shouldn't really hold Garry Snrs era to 2016 standards, but can you imagine a very young Garry Jack writing an article in the SMH back in 1982 about domestic violence or current day issues?

In the twos he has Shaw.
    He's in good hands

It does seem to be having a big impact on BJ - he was decent on Saturday for ressies, but like a fair chunk of this season, didn't really appear to be knocking the door down hard for a Seniors recall.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I'd just assumed he was part Selwood.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    On a separate note, Geelong fans are the classiest bunch of all vic based fans...
    That definitely showed that class through the unfortunate Phil Walsh murder too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718