Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: Canberra Demons v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Manuka Oval

Top Ups

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Lovely weaving run from wilson in heavy traffic on the wing beating 3 or 4 before delivering forward - he has done some nice stuff.

Leonardis defending well in tandem with newman at the other end.

- - - Updated - - -

Goal to demons on the run after foote misses laidler with an easy hand pass in the defensive 50. Swans 131 demons 31 9th minute 4th quarter.
    Wilson one of the few top ups mentioned ! Did they get sqeazed out by the
    Seniors against a poor opposition or just a quiet day for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Leaguey View Post
    Wilson one of the few top ups mentioned ! Did they get sqeazed out by the
    Seniors against a poor opposition or just a quiet day for them?
    A bit of both. Certainly it was a game dominated by our more experienced players - Wilson did some really decent stuff, he was easily the stand out toppie. Other than that, the rest of the toppies had a fairly quiet day, but did ok. But the opposition really were poor (though they improved in the 2nd half when we took the foot well and truly off the pedal).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Clearances

• Cunningham 7
    • Jack 7
    • Foote 6
    • McGlynn 6
    • Hiscox 2
    • McFadden 2
    • O'Riordan 2
    • Robertson 2
    • Hebron 1
    • Leonardis 1
    • Melican 1
    • Nankervis 1
    • Newman 1
    • Richards 1
    • Wilson 1

Sydney 42 Canberra 32

Just watched the NEAFL highlights on the Swans website. Dawson launches a set shot from the base of the centre square that easily sails through for a goal. He is a serious kick of the ball who, I dare say, can rival Buddy for kicking. What's incredible about Dawson is he doesn't have to deviate from a straight line, like so many players do, to launch the ball 60 metres. He just takes a regular run up and boom. I don't know how we fit them all in, but Dawson has to be in the 2017 senior team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Just watched the NEAFL highlights on the Swans website. Dawson launches a set shot from the base of the centre square that easily sails through for a goal. He is a serious kick of the ball who, I dare say, can rival Buddy for kicking. What's incredible about Dawson is he doesn't have to deviate from a straight line, like so many players do, to launch the ball 60 metres. He just takes a regular run up and boom. I don't know how we fit them all in, but Dawson has to be in the 2017 senior team.
    Only thing I'd say though is that there's more to senior footy than having a great kick, though it clearly helps. What is he like in general play and where does he normally line up?

I'm planning on heading out to BISP on Saturday to watch the NEAFL boys run around, I'm looking forward to seeing this kid's kicking prowess

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Only thing I'd say though is that there's more to senior footy than having a great kick, though it clearly helps. What is he like in general play and where does he normally line up?

I'm planning on heading out to BISP on Saturday to watch the NEAFL boys run around, I'm looking forward to seeing this kid's kicking prowess
    I've only seen him on video, so the live comments are very helpful. But what I've seen, he's a very good mark as well, a good decision maker and good as well in general play. He's also played at centre bounces at times. His body posture looks a bit stiff, but he had a back injury last year and don't know if that has anything to do with it. My feeling is that he was overlooked until pick 57 because he missed almost the entire season last year and we took a crack at a talented kid that seems to have worked out.

So if you're at the game it would be good to keep an eye on Dawson. O'Riordan and Leonardis are the other two worth keeping tabs on for potential going into the next couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Dawson really does have a booming kick. He is a nice leading forward and has clear potential, and looks likely to be a senior player in the making. A good pre-season and he will be knocking on the door for 2017 selection I feel.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

NEAFL MVP votes

Canberra v Sydney
    10: Ben McGlynn (Sydney)
    7: Brandon Jack (Sydney)
    4: Jordan Foote (Sydney)
    3: Harry Cunningham (Sydney)
    3: Jordan Harper (Canberra)
    2: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    1: Toby Nankervis (Sydney)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    NEAFL MVP votes

Canberra v Sydney
    10: Ben McGlynn (Sydney)
    7: Brandon Jack (Sydney)
    4: Jordan Foote (Sydney)
    3: Harry Cunningham (Sydney)
    3: Jordan Harper (Canberra)
    2: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    1: Toby Nankervis (Sydney)
    How can a player receive the full 10 MVP votes but still not get BOG in the other rankings?? They can't be measuring exactly the same thing. Or the evaluation is being done by a different person but I would have thought the MVP is done by the two coaches and the 1-6 rankings also by the coach but just for one team. And you can only get 10 MVP if both coaches pick you first.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    How can a player receive the full 10 MVP votes but still not get BOG in the other rankings?? They can't be measuring exactly the same thing. Or the evaluation is being done by a different person but I would have thought the MVP is done by the two coaches and the 1-6 rankings also by the coach but just for one team. And you can only get 10 MVP if both coaches pick you first.
    Actually the MVP votes are 1/2 by the umpires 1/2 by the joint decision by both coaches.

Thanks, ugg, that explains it. How do you find out this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks, ugg, that explains it. How do you find out this stuff?
    I read most of it off Fantales wrappers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast