Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret to Swans success

Secret to Swans success

Having a lead bigger than 6 points with 10 seconds to go.

On the Rookie List
    That, and not playing the Tiges, dogs or Giants.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    Having a lead bigger than 6 points with 10 seconds to go.
    Despite the fact they had the match well and truly won in the closing minutes of the game, you could see them practising what they should have done in the dying moments of the close games we lost. When Jack took the mark that led to his third goal, he took every available second before he took his shot. You could see him standing there with the ball almost tucked under his arm, calculating how long he could just stand there, eating up seconds. And then in the next couple of minutes, the team chipped the ball around, focussing on keeping possession.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Playing Ted at full forward! Evidently he wasn't there to kick goals but to keep Henderson quiet - which he did.

Suspended by the MRP
    I thought that was a master stroke and could be a season defining move for the team.

Richards was awesome at every contest and basically stopped Henderson flat.

I love left field tactical moves like that, the whole fad of playing a defensive forward has fizzled out in the last few years but i am expecting coaches to think about using that role again after last night.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The secret to the Swans' success is Aliir Aliir! 3 wins 0 losses. The only Swan last night with a 100% winning record.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The secret to the Swans' success is Aliir Aliir! 3 wins 0 losses. The only Swan last night with a 100% winning record.
    Naismith has a 100% record this year now.

How good was AA?
    He has a great short pass by foot.

I was really impressed by AA and Naismith. I can see a lethal combination of Tippett and Naismith.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I was really impressed by AA and Naismith. I can see a lethal combination of Tippett and Naismith.
    I agree with all the comments, but I'm particularly looking forward to that one.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Losing to the Tigers and Dogs in such a fashion was really difficult to take, but them being able to bounce back both times with a win shows this is a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by linko View Post
    That, and not playing the Tiges, dogs or Giants.
    Maybe leave the Crows out too

Leave teams out who figured it out how to turn our lack of kicking skills into our forward line against us. You can probably pencil in Hawthorn as well this Thursday. What's the point having such a powerful midfield if our delivery in the forward line is so terrible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast