Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.17 V Hawthorn.

Senior Player
    Three games in twelve days for us, so I wouldn't be too surprised or negative if they did rotate out Rose and Sinclair as the Hawks will be quite rested in comparison. Would be so nice to beat the Hawks twice. Can't stand some of their cheating dirty players. For all of their fantastic skills, Mitchell is a snipe with his knee (and he got Hanners in the throat last time we played) and Hodge is a drink driving thug who doesn't mind trying to hurt players.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Three games in twelve days for us, so I wouldn't be too surprised or negative if they did rotate out Rose and Sinclair as the Hawks will be quite rested in comparison. Would be so nice to beat the Hawks twice. Can't stand some of their cheating dirty players. For all of their fantastic skills, Mitchell is a snipe with his knee (and he got Hanners in the throat last time we played) and Hodge is a drink driving thug who doesn't mind trying to hurt players.
    Think you are right about a rotation, although the 2s only played on Saturday so they would only have a 5 and a half day break. Would be interested to know whether any players were managed through the ressies game with a view to a senior berth.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    48 hours ago most were saying mcglynn should retire. Now after an ok ressies game hes back in the 22?. How about we just leave the team settled for a bit?
    McGlynn went out for low numbers but had a very good game in the ressies. Rose should go out for the same reason, even lower numbers. Benny would definitely lift if he came back in and on Rose's performance will give us more numbers and fwd 50 zip.

That swinging doors approach doesnt work for me.
    One bad game and you're out?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

It seemed to work OK for the team on Friday night..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    It seemed to work OK for the team on Friday night..
    Maybe geelong aren't as good we thought they were.

Settled lists win flags.

Yeah, it works for me.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

pr. dim-melb; m not f

I'm inclined to agree with barry in this case. If (yes, I know) Rose's kicking had been more accurate we would not be having this discussion. And his forward defence is very good - chasing, tackling, hard at the ball - all you could want. I'd give him more time.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    For me I would bring Heeney back in for Rose. It's a bit of bad luck for Rose as his previous string of games has been pretty decent but as with new to afl level players I feel he may struggle to keep his intensity up and benefit from being managed. As long as Heeney is fit I would bring him back in after his rest.

I'm in two minds about Sinclair. I feel he is a lot better than the last few games have shown. But against the Hawks maybe the Agro of nankervis would be useful ( especially without benny being his Agro little self) so I would be tempted to play Naismith / nanka. Added bonus is they've played a fair bit together.

All in all great development because that is basically half the reserves team from a couple of years ago

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Gambling is wrecking australians lives, especially pokies. There was a great 4corners expose on them a while back.

Do you think anything has been done since? NOPE

And Hawthorn should be belted from pilar to post about the whole issue as they are making a @@@@ ton from them, but nooo lets just turn the other way, like most things the hawks do.

You know what would be awesome? If Andrews or Baird came out and banned them out of the blue like Baird did with dog racing last week. I wonder then how "family" clubs like Hawthron will be able to survive on memberships alone.

The only change I could see would be if Heeney or Laidler were to come back in. I'm not sure I'd be rushing to drop Rose as he has offered us something different in the past few games. Yes he was quiet against the Cats but if we start dropping every player who has 1 low possession game then we'll go backwards quickly.

The major point of contention this week will be whether we keep Ted as a defensive forward, or recall Heeney to play up front. Seeing as Heeney played no football this weekend it seems clear he must be carrying some soreness or injury, so our focus should be having him 100% in the lead up to finals. No point rushing him back.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast