Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.17 V Hawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    I just hope the SCG crowd boos the umpires like it was a Subiaco game. We know that umpire-assisted club will win the free kick count and we need all the help we can get.

In saying that, I think Hewitt is exceptional at drawing frees in front of goal. Not sure how that sits with me. On the one hand, it's smart, on the other hand, it's what I hate Lindsay Thomas and Puppolo so much for.
    If he draws a match winning free in front of goals against the Hawks I don't think too many of us will have a problem with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I really hope we don't descend to that level.

The game is over umpired in general in my opinion, and would rather win squarely than try to lean on umpire bias. Hope it's a good atmosphere without the mindless mob mentality.
    Capture.JPG

#Alwayshawthorn #familyclub

Seriously. Screw being 'nice' supporters.

Suspended by the MRP
    I would love a clumsy effort from a swans to go knees first into Micthell. The guy is despised by everyone, including his team mates.

Suspended by the MRP
    Can't agree. I'm sick of our fans playing nicely when their fans spit in our faces.

Seriously. Screw being 'nice' supporters.

We have the worst fans for this. This constant need to be the "we are above that" attitude from our fans has made me sour to our club fans. I am not saying to go down the feral level of hawk fans and abuse old people and little kids at the game, but lets show some mongrel for a change. Make the SCG just unbearable for opposition fans.

But alas it aint gonna happen. On TV most of the atmosphere at swans games at home comes across as a sunday picnic. I mean look at the footage from the 2012 GF..we just scored a goal and about to win the flag and they cross to were our fans were and they were sitting there with one random swans fan jumping up and down.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    We have the worst fans for this. This constant need to be the "we are above that" attitude from our fans has made me sour to our club fans. I am not saying to go down the feral level of hawk fans and abuse old people and little kids at the game, but lets show some mongrel for a change. Make the SCG just unbearable for opposition fans.

But alas it aint gonna happen. On TV most of the atmosphere at swans games at home comes across as a sunday picnic. I mean look at the footage from the 2012 GF..we just scored a goal and about to win the flag and they cross to were our fans were and they were sitting there with one random swans fan jumping up and down.
    You want us to behave more like Sam Mitchell?

On the other hand one thing I really like about football (I mean Rules, not Rugbies or round ball) is how often you can have a conversation with almost anyone and find that underneath the club loyalty is a genuine love of the game.

And it's hard to get rid of the ratbags - I recall reading about a North game two or three decades ago where the spectators took to each other with pickets off a fence. Now that's commitment. Not.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    You want us to behave more like Sam Mitchell?

On the other hand one thing I really like about football (I mean Rules, not Rugbies or round ball) is how often you can have a conversation with almost anyone and find that underneath the club loyalty is a genuine love of the game.

And it's hard to get rid of the ratbags - I recall reading about a North game two or three decades ago where the spectators took to each other with pickets off a fence. Now that's commitment. Not.
    I did say not down to hawks level and i was talking more about the crowds and not the players. We have a few hard nuts who would have no trouble being "unsociable" players if they have to be, namely Laids and Jones.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I did say not down to hawks level and i was talking more about the crowds and not the players. We have a few hard nuts who would have no trouble being "unsociable" players if they have to be, namely Laids and Jones.
    I like the idea that we have some players who can show a bit of mongrel - we missed them in the GF that must not be named.

But fans who show mongrel can cause serious trouble and will end up removed by security, or worse.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar

Why are your posts so aggressive kilroy?

Why would you set out to make the footy an unpleasant place to go regardless of which team people follow? Im all for banter, but cant understand the need to make it 'unbearable'. Its that sort of mob mentality and stupid behaviour that led to Goodes being booed. Why would you want to perpetuate that.

For 2012, I was at the game and the atmosphere was great. Plenty of swans fans losing their @@@@ where I was went esky kicked the goal..
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Why are your posts so aggressive kilroy?

Why would you set out to make the footy an unpleasant place to go regardless of which team people follow? Im all for banter, but cant understand the need to make it 'unbearable'. Its that sort of mob mentality and stupid behaviour that led to Goodes being booed. Why would you want to perpetuate that.

For 2012, I was at the game and the atmosphere was great. Plenty of swans fans losing their @@@@ where I was went esky kicked the goal..
    Thats my style, you dont rikey? Dont read it!

�\_(?)_/�

As for your second statement, you want an atmosphere akin to lawn bowls? Then go watch lawn bowls sweetie, good ol nanna and aunty lorraine stuff. I mean it might get rowdy when aunty norma brings out the scones, but generally its docile and might be suited to your style. Maybe a random clap clap clap now and then to get your blood pumping but thats as rowdy as it gets.

If you really really want to experience hardcore screaming..go to a swimming event..OH MY!

Ad derrrr i would expect people at a ground watching their team win a flag to go ape@@@@, hence my comment dissing the sydney based fans that day.

Goes up to 11
    Looks like Killjoy is out to make the match day atmosphere as unpleasant as his/her posts are on here. Not for me thanks. I'll continue to love the game and my Swannies in the exact way I see fit.

I'm normally welcoming of newcomers here on RWO and I always like to see a diversity of opinions here but I'll try to steer clear of reading your mostly poisonous posts from now on.

I love banter at the footy. The Geelong fans on Friday night for instance were terrific. But in my experience what Hawthorn fans have done post 2012 has gone way beyond normal footy banter. Why would you want to make someone's experience at the footy unpleasant? I get great joy out of seeing us win, not making others miserable.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Thats my style, you dont rikey? Dont read it!

�\_(?)_/�

As for your second statement, you want an atmosphere akin to lawn bowls? Then go watch lawn bowls sweetie, good ol nanna and aunty lorraine stuff. I mean it might get rowdy when aunty norma brings out the scones, but generally its docile and might be suited to your style. Maybe a random clap clap clap now and then to get your blood pumping but thats as rowdy as it gets.

If you really really want to experience hardcore screaming..go to a swimming event..OH MY!

Ad derrrr i would expect people at a ground watching their team win a flag to go ape@@@@, hence my comment dissing the sydney based fans that day.
    I agree mate! Would love it if the S.C.G. was more of a fortress with a parochial crowd influence similar to the Adelaide and Perth teams get. We would probably win a few more frees at home like those sides do by intimidation the umpires feel when at those grounds. But alas we both know it'll never happen as you can already see the backlash by some on here about your outlandish and offensive post/thought!!! ???? How dare us swans supporters show any anger and frustration! Aren't we more mature than that! Oh my!!! ????

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast