Thread: Changes for Rnd.17 V Hawthorn.

Changes for Rnd.17 V Hawthorn.

Out. Rose
    In. Heeney

In: Heeney, Nankervis
    Out: Rose, Sinclair

Veterans List
    No change.

Heeney is obviously not right and having such a poor game straight after the bye rest would indicate that. Needs to get right before being considered for a return as we need him firing come finals time, not still limping around getting only a handful of touches.

Sinclair at his best is better than Nankas but gee he needs to lift quickly or he'll get dropped.

Expecting the usual suspects to play well again in the ressies and keep pressure on the seniors. McGlynn I feel may be yesterday's man, think we need to try BJ and Foote before Benny. Towers again has a strong game, that's three in a row now, looking like he's developed senior confidence and firming as a best 22.

Aliir looks to have arrived and while he stays fit, there's plenty of sense to persevere with Naismith as he will start to get more ball around the ground, he's showed that ability in the ressies.

Good luck to those brave supporters who went to the game and got rewarded with a great win. Can't believe the effort with so many kids playing.

I have a feeling there could be a bit more to the Heeney situation than meets the eye but then again it could just be a poor run.

If he's right in the head then I'd keep the faith with him and give Rose a spell back in the NEAFL, he's impressed me this year and the block of games he has had will do wonders for his development but I still have this feeling he'll be nothing more than the "handy" category for us. Aliir is a different kettle imo and I now think he has a real future as he is actually still quite young in AFL terms and is still developing but he looks totally at home at senior level now.

We've got some real depth in the twos now and that is great, Laidler and McGlynn must be hating in down there and then you've also got Harry, BJ and Nanka who all have senior experience. Throw in Tippett and Reid and we're close to having 30 genuine first teamers and I think that is what you need depth wise.

Out : Rose (tried hard but his disposal was poor at times last night)

In: Heeney (If he is fit and raring to go - if not B Jack)

We need to tag Mitchell and keep Richards forward to negate Gibson. Then you need to worry about Hodge who gives them lots of drive from the back line.

It will be interesting but we have beaten them this year so go boys - the big crowd will be right behind the Swans on Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    In: Heeney, Nankervis
    Out: Rose, Sinclair
    I was gonna post the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No change.

Heeney is obviously not right and having such a poor game straight after the bye rest would indicate that.
    Assumptions

No change.
    Sinclair at his best is better than Nankas but gee he needs to lift quickly or he'll get dropped.
    Sinclair is not at his best.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Why would you make any changes at all??

Better to be complacent, and let those who under performed keep their spot just because we won?

Aside from that, selections are made on a per opposition basis. We may select players who match up better and/or fit the proposed game plan against the Hawks...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why would you make any changes at all??
    Injuries would be about the only reason this week.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Hmmm
    if Heeney is right to go well straight in for rose

Heeney is obviously not right and having such a poor game straight after the bye rest would indicate that. Needs to get right before being considered for a return as we need him firing come finals time, not still limping around getting only a handful of touches.
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Assumptions.
    For what it's work (& I'd say not much as he didn't name sources), on the radio, Dr Peter Larkins suggested Isaac has a tendonopathy of the knee. Doc Larkins was also non-specific about which tendon was affected.
    Last edited by goswannies; 10th July 2016 at 09:20 AM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Massive ins for the hawks and a bit of a selection headache for Clarkson:

INS: Stevic, Nicholls, Schmidt, EMG: Chamberlain

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast