Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyrell mayfield

Tyrell mayfield

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Well he isn't in the NSW-ACT Under 16 Squad so not sure what to read into that.

Both Shaydon Close and Chris Holten, two indigenous kids from the Macleay Valley now at Endeavour Sports High, are in there and Holten seems to have player quite well. Also see young Nick Blakey, John Blakey's lad, is there.

A look at the list makes for interesting reading.

GWS have 14 players, we have 11 (Two from Macleay Valley and nine from Sydney)

We have 9 from Sydney across a nice spread of our zone. GWS have a Big Fat Zero. Yes, some of it is because the Swans heartland has some traditionally strong clubs but GWS has Baulkham Hills and the fastest growing areas of Sydney. Penrith had their own junior comp at one stage, not sure they still do. And Parramatta and the Campbelltown areas used to be strong. But 9-0 is an indictment on GWS.

After being in existence for five years and with a mandate to win the hearts and minds of Western Sydney this is a disgraceful number from GWS and quite frankly it's inexcusable. It shows both what we are doing right for the game in Sydney (heaps) at the grassroots level and precisely what they are doing (NOTHING!!!)

Whilst we have been developing the junior clubs in our zone they have neglected theirs because they just know they can mine the NSW-Victorian Border Towns and Riverina.

Now lets have a look at GWS. Three Canberra boys and one South Coast which is fair enough. One kid who plays for the Northern Jets (WTF, how is he academy?) and six from Albury and other border towns who clearly are not development areas and who I bet will line up for TAC Cup teams next year if they are not already. Then you get to the more contentious areas of Griffith (no dramas from me) and Wagga as the balance.

How a kid from a Victorian border town can be an academy kid is absolutely beyond me.

But let's focus on the main stat hear. ZERO kids from their Western Sydney zone. I know from playing footy in Sydney that those areas do produce decent footballers, Baulko used to be a production line of talent. Even now they have the following clubs under in their zone

* Baulkham Hills
    * St Clair
    * Hawkesbury
    * Kellyville-Rouse Hill
    * Emu Plain-Glenmore Park
    * Quakers Hills
    * Holroyd-Parramatta
    * Rooty Hill RSL
    * Blue Mountains
    * Katoomba
    * Wollondilly
    * Camden
    * Ingleburn
    * Campbelltown
    * South Campbelltown
    * South West Tigers
    * Bankstown (And ask anyone involved with that club what they think of GWS and Sydney Development)
    * Penrith Giants
    * Liverpool

GWS has had these clubs in its bossom for five years and they can't deliver ONE kid of decent standard when we get NINE. I challenge anyone to say this is not a disgrace.

It can't just be that the kids are inherently better from the North Shore and Eastern Suburbs can it? The Swans invest and believe in development, GWS just cherry pick a recruitment zone. The sooner GWS are forced to do their job properly, and the only way they'll do it is if they get the Border towns and then Riverina taken away, the better for the game's sake.
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 12th July 2016 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Well he isn't in the NSW-ACT Under 16 Squad so not sure what to read into that.

Both Shaydon Close and Chris Holten, two indigenous kids from the Macleay Valley now at Endeavour Sports High, are in there and Holten seems to have player quite well. Also see young Nick Blakey, John Blakey's lad, is there.

A look at the list makes for interesting reading.

GWS have 14 players, we have 11 (Two from Macleay Valley and nine from Sydney)

We have 9 from Sydney across a nice spread of our zone. GWS have a Big Fat Zero. Yes, some of it is because the Swans heartland has some traditionally strong clubs but GWS has Baulkham Hills and the fastest growing areas of Sydney. Penrith had their own junior comp at one stage, not sure they still do. And Parramatta and the Campbelltown areas used to be strong. But 9-0 is an indictment on GWS.

After being in existence for five years and with a mandate to win the hearts and minds of Western Sydney this is a disgraceful number from GWS and quite frankly it's inexcusable. It shows both what we are doing right for the game in Sydney (heaps) at the grassroots level and precisely what they are doing (NOTHING!!!)

Whilst we have been developing the junior clubs in our zone they have neglected theirs because they just know they can mine the NSW-Victorian Border Towns and Riverina.

Now lets have a look at GWS. Three Canberra boys and one South Coast which is fair enough. One kid who plays for the Northern Jets (WTF, how is he academy?) and six from Albury and other border towns who clearly are not development areas and who I bet will line up for TAC Cup teams next year if they are not already. Then you get to the more contentious areas of Griffith (no dramas from me) and Wagga as the balance.

How a kid from a Victorian border town can be an academy kid is absolutely beyond me.

But let's focus on the main stat hear. ZERO kids from their Western Sydney zone. I know from playing footy in Sydney that those areas do produce decent footballers, Baulko used to be a production line of talent. Even now they have the following clubs under in their zone

* Baulkham Hills
    * St Clair
    * Hawkesbury
    * Kellyville-Rouse Hill
    * Emu Plain-Glenmore Park
    * Quakers Hills
    * Holroyd-Parramatta
    * Rooty Hill RSL
    * Blue Mountains
    * Katoomba
    * Wollondilly
    * Camden
    * Ingleburn
    * Campbelltown
    * South Campbelltown
    * South West Tigers
    * Bankstown (And ask anyone involved with that club what they think of GWS and Sydney Development)
    * Penrith Giants
    * Liverpool

GWS has had these clubs in its bossom for five years and they can't deliver ONE kid of decent standard when we get NINE. I challenge anyone to say this is not a disgrace.

It can't just be that the kids are inherently better from the North Shore and Eastern Suburbs can it? The Swans invest and believe in development, GWS just cherry pick a recruitment zone. The sooner GWS are forced to do their job properly, and the only way they'll do it is if they get the Border towns and then Riverina taken away, the better for the game's sake.
    That's it of course. GWS does no development in western Sydney because they don't have to. Why would you bother when you have such an embarrassment of riches? If it is a disgrace, the disgrace lies with the AFL.

So sydney with 9 players is not a developed zone but murray towns with 6 is?

If ww conceed riverina , they will come after sydney next.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Back to Tyrell and the news does not look good.

3 games of AFL this year on 24 Apr, 1 & 29 May at Maroubra U17s Div 2.

2 games of Rugby League on 26 Jun and 3 Jul this year at Botany Rams.

Was fit enough to play league after a month out of AFL.

Maybe and just maybe gone back to league.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

A good point well made, MP.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

That's one impenetrable defence right there.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

I normally ignore you boring, mono-syllabic and argumentative posts that add nothing to the debate here barry but due to the extreme stupidity of this post I'll make an exception.

The simple reason is that Sydney's nine players come from a population of 5,250,000 and the four Albury players come from a population of 40,000. Even if you include the Albury surrounds and make it 100,000 (very generous) then we have 50 times the population and 2.25 times the representation. That's why Sydney is a development zone and why a border town in Victoria representing a Victorian TAC Cup team is not.

Can you understand that or are you just going to keep on making silly arguments on here for the sake of it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    That's one impenetrable defence right there.
    Please read above

I can tell by your personal attacks that youve run out if ideas again. Population has nothing to do with it

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

MP that info above would be good in the hands of Caroline or Emma

- - - Updated - - -

Draftees: How Five Boys Made It To The Afl National Draft, The | Penguin Books Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    MP that info above would be good in the hands of Caroline or Emma

- - - Updated - - -

Draftees: How Five Boys Made It To The Afl National Draft, The | Penguin Books Australia
    Thanks Auntie

I am going to send them something actually because as far as I am concerned it is the issue at stake.

Regards
    Paul

Senior Player

Tyrell mayfield

I've coached in the western Sydney juniors at the top age level for the past four years (not this year I have moved away).

I will start by saying that the Harbour comps is a much stronger than the Western competition.

Gws do have Sydney academies but they are starting from a much lower base. Though they due treat local clubs as an opportunity to gain members over developing football IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast