Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longmire extends to 2020

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Great news, Longmuire is not just a coach to these players. His role in the way players handle their anxieties being AFL players is one of the reasons we are a successful club. He sees them more than just players and more as people and human beings. I think dont buddy would have dealt with his issue last year the way he has if he were at another club under a different coach.

Am I the only one who really doesnt rate Dew as more than just an assistant coach?
    Longmire's leading role within highlighting the issues around mental illness shows just what a fantastic leader for our club he is, and it is wonderful to have him as our coach. He is not willing to shy away from the hard issues, but leads on these issues in his own quiet and dignified manner.

Very glad to hear today's news - he and Clarkson are the two outstanding coaches in the league in my opinion, but I'd take Longmire any day for a multitude of reasons.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Great news, Longmuire is not just a coach to these players. His role in the way players handle their anxieties being AFL players is one of the reasons we are a successful club. He sees them more than just players and more as people and human beings. I think dont buddy would have dealt with his issue last year the way he has if he were at another club under a different coach.

Am I the only one who really doesnt rate Dew as more than just an assistant coach?
    I know kilroy has moved on but he got this one right. Longmire has done a superb job getting the balance right between keeping the professional coaching distance and also being there for our players as they need support. Our coaching stability would be the envy of most clubs these days, and is so far removed from where we once were. Should he see out his contract, each of our last three coaches will succesively break the longevity record at our club.

As for Dew, why look for the next coach when the one you have is still young in coaching terms and wants to continue. Succession planning is very important, but there's no way you'd be considering Dew's needs over Longmire's at this stage. I think Stewie has done a great job and hope he stays on but our head coach is our head coach and he's doing brilliantly.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12