Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longmire extends to 2020

Veterans List

Longmire extends to 2020

Signed on for a further three years until 2020, great vision by the club.

Veterans List
    I saw the heading and thought "no wonder he's called 'Horse'".

OMG.
    I couldn't be happier.
    Well done Horse.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I lol'd...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Happy with this except we now won't have Dew as our next coach. Someone will snap him up. Onya horse. More experience for Kirky under Longmire.. timing now sounds about right for the Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Happy with this except we now won't have Dew as our next coach. Someone will snap him up. Onya horse. More experience for Kirky under Longmire.. timing now sounds about right for the Captain.
    I immediately thought the same thing about Dew. But, Horse is doing a great job. No need to change anything at the helm.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I am very pleased the club is represented by Longmire. He is obviously a thoughtful and sometimes inspired coach (Teddy @ full forward?) who is obviously prepared to listen to and act on the collective wisdom of his assistants. It's the mark of a secure and skilful leader.

His handling of the media is nothing short of masterly, open about what needs to be said, quietly but firmly moving on past things that should not be aired (he handled the Kieren issue with aplomb).

I don't see the relationship he has with the players (and it's none of my business) but it's obvious he has their highest regard. I particularly like his judgment about when to bring a player into the firsts; for me, the second coming of Naismith is an excellent example. I'm delighted we have three more years with him.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post

I'm sure the club took the Dew situation into account before re-signing Horse which would suggest that either Dew is happy to remain an assistant, the club don't rate him as highly as some for the top job or he has had feelers from other clubs and has advised he will be seeking those opportunities elsewhere.

Whatever the situation, I'm very comfortable with Horse staying on especially if he maintains his current position of rewarding form in the seconds and being prepared to give first gamers a chance, not something he would have been known for in years gone by...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Suspended by the MRP
    Great news, Longmuire is not just a coach to these players. His role in the way players handle their anxieties being AFL players is one of the reasons we are a successful club. He sees them more than just players and more as people and human beings. I think dont buddy would have dealt with his issue last year the way he has if he were at another club under a different coach.

Am I the only one who really doesnt rate Dew as more than just an assistant coach?

Opens up the door for dew to go elsewhere, but maybe he just likes living in sydney. Does he have kids in school or anything like that tying him down?

If Dew was so highly rated he would've gone by now. He seems happy with his role at the Swans but if he chooses to leave so be it. As another posted I think Kirk could possibly a good choice for a succession plan but lets not forget about Rhys Shaw and what he's been achieving this year as our reserves coach. He will make a great senior coach one day too no doubt!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast