Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 MDT. Sydney V Hawthorn. SCG. 19.20 pm.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Neither 50 was correct imo. Jack was going to stand the mark, saw hanners come from the other direction and then got out of the zone.

The second one, hill was running unmarked inside the protected area, so why weren't we allowed to go to him? Different story if the mark was one on one - clearly over the mark but allowed to go to hill I would have thought.

My god, I hate losing to the mustard on turd.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Towers is a good athlete but he doesn't have a football brain. He is football dumb just like Jesse White. He will never get better no matter how much he plays.
    We just witnessed AGAIN why Towers has only played 25 games of AFL at the age of 26. No football brain. You can't teach that. How long are we going to persist with him. Until he costs us a final?

Pushing for Selection
    Dean Towers has cost us three matches this year with his abysmal decision making

He has to be dropped and never to return
    if your head is made out of chocolate dont stand out in the sun

Veterans List
    I truly feel for our players. With them most likely seeing the bias that we witness from the umpires, it must sometimes feel like they are playing 20 or 21 players out there. An even bigger mountain to climb, as if playing the 'threepeat' premiers isn't enough! Could this 'ever repeating trend' of injustice lead to the uncertainty and indecision we saw from some of our players tonight? It bears consideration. The game is played as much between the ears as it is physically......this perhaps also explains why Hawthorn are seemingly so cool in a crisis, confident they'll be looked after. My two cents worth, borne out of frustration, but also much damning and accumulating evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by cheersquadsteve View Post
    Dean Towers has cost us three matches this year with his abysmal decision making

He has to be dropped and never to return
    I want to see him succeed so much and prove us all wrong, but time and time and time again he keeps doing stupid things. I would get rid at end of the season, along with mcglynn who isnt top 22 anymore in my book either.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Pushing for Selection
    the umpires weren't the problem with us tonight, we didn't play nearly well enough in the second quarter to warrant any free kicks
    if your head is made out of chocolate dont stand out in the sun

On the wing
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Are you kidding. I'll bag Towers again and again. He had two options. Play on quickly to Hannebery who was screaming for the ball running inside 50. Or wait and bang it long inside 50 to a contest. But no, for whatever reason only he will know he does a dinky sideways kick to a nothing contest and we lose possesion. Blame the umpires all you like. I blame Towers.
    Have been trying to be positive about Towers since he came back after the Richmond debacle, and he was getting some redemption, but for heavens sake with 1.43 to go if you are going to go for a pissy short pass instead of banging it long to the square you have to make sure the pass is going to be 100% certain. Sadly I blame him too

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just counted : 16 or 17. I'm actually not sure of the rule. With a running bounce, do the steps start from when the ball hits the ground, or when the player catches the ball?
    I was screaming at the TV that he`s run too faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr!.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

It's easy to blame Towers and yes he should've kicked long, it wasn't the sole reason we lost.

At the end of the day we couldn't back up our effort from last week and we came up against a far smarter and better coached team than ours. That is not a knock on Horse as i think he's a great coach but Clarkson is by far the best in the business! Hawthorn would have studied what we did well last week and came up with and executed a game plan to beat us. Yes it was close, but they are a very smart side and make us look silly when it matters most.

I have no doubt with all our cattle back on the ground eg. Tippett, Heeney and hopefully Reid, that we'll bounce back when it counts. Well i bloody hope so...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Poor 2nd quarter, silly 50s and inability to get more than 2 goals clear is what lost it. You're always going to be subject to the whims of "random stuff" in a close game, better just not to be in that situation by scoring. Sounds obvious I know...
    They'll bounce back.

I know I won't be well received for this, but my disappointment is already fading.

We've have 2x6 day breaks. A bunch of 1st & 2nd year players in the side, who only have a hand full of games under their belts. No Tippett. No Heeney. Laidler, Reid & Talia out - any one of them would bolster a backline that isn't the strongest in the league. Playing with a very inexperienced ruck division. Lost to the ladder leader. We've lost 4 games by less than 2 goals (not easy to swallow, but if things had gone our way a little bit more in those games we'd be feeling a lot better). 3 of the close losses were against Adelaide, Dogs & Hawks ... all genuine contenders.

I, for one, am still proud of the endeavour tonight against quality opposition. The loss hurts me as a supporter. But seeing the boys in tears in the rooms after the game ... they are hurting more than I ever will. We are still a contender in an even season. We are still a contender - for a team rebuilding on the run, by blooding new talent & restructuring in the absence of key players.

This pain will fade. The players will learn. A couple of decent wins will ease the disappointment .,, bring on Carlton

.... Oh & I hate the Hawks!