Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 MDT. Sydney V Hawthorn. SCG. 19.20 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Sounds weird, but I'm actually glad we lost. It makes it obvious we need to tweak. If we had won, there wouldn't be as many changes at match committee, and further thought about our game style. Winning in a poor performance would be more damaging to us at this stage of the season.
    May work in our favour if Hawks finish top an we finish 4th. If I'm correct, we would avoid them in a prelim final.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    We had 54 tackles, which just pipped our 55 against Richmond as our lowest tackle tally for the year
    Nail. Head. A big factor in the loss. I don't usually subscribe to the 6 day break theory but maybe it was a factor. Our intensity waivered as well. So may be it was a factor and may explain some tired players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What was our tackle count?
    How many missed tackles?
    How many "I'll just stand here and look instead of tackling" tackles?
    I think our guys were saying gee its hard to tackle these guys when they hit targets and don't drop marks - maybe we should try that approach - as u say its the missed tackles that kill you !! not the ones that your expected to make !

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    May work in our favour if Hawks finish top an we finish 4th. If I'm correct, we would avoid them in a prelim final.
    I agree with this. I know the easiest route to the GF is top 2 but my preference would be to have a crack at them weak 1 and try and smash them up and give them the hardest run possible to the GF. And I think we are the best placed team to do this, I really do think we have closed the gap this year.

We really are being punished now for the Richmond loss that I just knew would come back and bite us. It's a simple equation now, win all our remaining six games, and I can't see why not, and we get top 4. Drop one and we need to rely on other results. Drop two and we are bottom of the 8.

The season is in our hands after 16 rounds, we have played some good footy and brought on some players . I'm loving this season so bring it on!

Hopefully last night will be our spark

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Totally agree. Towers was far from our worst and people need to lay off this rubbish call for him to be dropped and never to return...for now at least.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Yep.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumarangk View Post
    Was that Hanners worst game ? I think his pace gets shown up in these big games.
    Sorry but this is garbage. It was nothing to do with pace. It was everything to do with quality of execution, which is his perennial problem, irrespective of pace.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    How good were Gary Rohan's marks last night..... he has such a great action, his timing was fantastic. And capped it off with four goals. The highlight of the night I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    How did I miss this?
    I hate it when you talk sense.

Well more than 24 hours has elapsed and I am STILL bitter....Never usually lasts THAT long....Something different about it this time....

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    How good were Gary Rohan's marks last night..... he has such a great action, his timing was fantastic. And capped it off with four goals. The highlight of the night I reckon.
    Clunk

Towers will stay and deservingly

There was others who played worse but he has improved of late and as a matchup we need him to keep evolving as our outside depth is minimal

I think he got way too much attention for the wrong reasons vs the Hawks

Didn't horse allude to hugging the boundary was the play wanted by the team which towers did.......the sense of urgency on the next play was aweful by the swans

They did not shut it down and Sam Mitchell kicked the bloody ball off the ground half volley 70m !!!! That ball could have gone anywhere and 7 times out 10 out on the full

Towers soaked up the time tick !

Towers hugged the line and Tom almost marked tick !

If he did what he did previously ie bomb and the Hawks flooded forward after gaining possession everyone would have gone MAD

Right call

25 kicks
    37 disposals
    Sam Mitchell

I wonder why we didn't try and nullify Sam the same way we did last game ?

Sam Mitchell was head and shoulders the best mid out there and directing traffic perfectly again