Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 MDT. Sydney V Hawthorn. SCG. 19.20 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    $100 on Sydney by 48 @81.00
    No guts, no glory !

I don't have any predictions for this one.. With so many young players it is impossible to predict anything. I am just hoping for a win and that they don't injure any of our boys.

Veterans List
    After last weeks efforts by the young players, anything is possible. Same mindset and Swans by 17 pts (or more!). Go Swans!

No Stevic, no Schmidt, no Chamberlain no excuse!

Senior Player
    Based on our form this year, I currently think it is 50:50 chance of us by 17 points, or them by less than 10 after we let them back into the game in the third quarter. Desperately hoping for the first result!

Senior Player
    On the way to the ground. Bring yer woollies.

Hard to call this one. Potential for psychological let-down after last weeks high? Or are they still up? 6 day break is a factor.

I feel on balance we have a slight advantage. We'll know soon enough! I'm excited even if Rohan Connolly wasn't earlier in the week

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    No Stevic, no Schmidt, no Chamberlain no excuse!
    Ohh, just because none of those three are there, it doesn't mean the umpiring can't be crap. Actually, the first person to ever umpire a VFL grand final, back in 1898, was a chappy by the name of Ivo Crapp. So, the first ever grand final umpire, was literally Crapp!
    Of course, if we win tonight, I will have no complaints about the umpiring, but if we lose by anything under 5 goals, I possibly will have a few grumbles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    On the way to the ground. Bring yer woollies.

Hard to call this one. Potential for psychological let-down after last weeks high? Or are they still up? 6 day break is a factor.

I feel on balance we have a slight advantage. We'll know soon enough! I'm excited even if Rohan Connolly wasn't earlier in the week
    Yes, I'm a bit nervy too. Though this game should give us a pretty good indicator if we're a genuine premiership threat.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Based on our form this year, I currently think it is 50:50 chance of us by 17 points, or them by less than 10 after we let them back into the game in the third quarter. Desperately hoping for the first result!
    I'm basing our form on last week, and of course, hope we bring it tonight. If we don't, we'll be in trouble. My take on Clarkson's 'bravado' during the week is that they're genuinely worried about our form and talent, but we have to bring it every week! I suspect our team doesn't fear the Hawks as much as some do, and I know they hate them, so the script hopefully writes itself!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'm basing our form on last week, and of course, hope we bring it tonight. If we don't, we'll be in trouble. My take on Clarkson's 'bravado' during the week is that they're genuinely worried about our form and talent, but we have to bring it every week! I suspect our team doesn't fear the Hawks as much as some do, and I know they hate them, so the script hopefully writes itself!
    Of course, if I was writing the script, the allegedly accident prone Mitchell and Hodge would injure each other. Instead of the usual scenario, where one of their little 'accidents' has an opposition player leaving the field.

No late changes, reported on the AFL web site.

I think the consecutive 6 day breaks will be telling. That said would love a win!

Senior Player
    Members line is out to the lake and back again. Don't recall last time I saw that. Biggest crowd this year?

The squiggle predicts us to win by 20. Good enough for me.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast